The Essence of Family pt. 1

Suddenly I found myself opening my eyes to my new room.

Sunshine beamed through my window, illuminating the walls, creating a glow of warm rays.

I sat up, eager to start a new day in this beautiful home.

I slowly meandered down the steps, the scent of Bacon and eggs filled my nostrils, making my mouth water, and my stomach growl.

I walked to the kitchen, seeing Jessica stand over the stove, cooking a masterpiece. Mark sat at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper and drinking orange juice.

This was what I had imagined when I'd lay on the cold cellar ground everytime I thought of a perfect family.

Hope sat in a baby blue and pink highchair, smiling brightly.

"Good morning, Maya." Mark exclaimed, looking up from his newspaper. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good, sir." I said, standing a safe distance away from him.

"Well I'm going to get going." Mark excused himself from the table after checking his watch, kissing Jessica on the cheek and waving goodbye to me.

I waved and sat at the table next to Hope.

"After breakfast, would you mind getting yourself and Hope ready for a day of shopping?" She beamed, handing me a plate of savory Bacon, eggs, and a pancake.

Before I could respond; a flashback to the day after my first beating had occurred played back in my mind.

Images of me throwing the plate of food to the ground played over and over again in my head.

"Maya?" Jessica asked, as a concerned look flashed across her face.

"Uh yeah. I could do that." I said, snapping back to reality.

"Mmkay good." She said, sitting down with her own plate of yummy food.

......

After breakfast, I got Hope and myself ready so we could start our day of shopping.

In about an hour, we were on our way to the nearest Target.

"You can have anything you want, don't be shy." Jessica winked at me playfully.

I smiled brightly at her as we made our way through the store, hinting at her for certain items.

.....

Soon we left, the car almost full of our new possessions.

"Thanks for taking us. That was a blast." I giggled, taking a deep breath.

"We did have fun, didn't we? " Jessica laughed too, shaking her head at Hope's silly personality.

.....

We pulled into the driveway and parked.

Unloading the things we bought, we walked up to my room, looking in at the space.

"Maya, get creative."

........

Aye guys! Felt like writing tonight! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Keep reading because there's a part two of this chapter, then we'll do a huge time jump! love you all! Xoxo- Mo.  This chapter is dedicated to laceyallor! Thank you so much for being a great supporter!

~Andre~