13

Surgery. That's where they were taking Kara now. To surgery to fix her up. Upon hearing the news everyone burst into tears again. They were all worried they'd never see Kara again. As hours ticked by Eliza suggested that Sam and Lena go home and get some sleep. "We're fine...we'll go home when Kara's out of surgery." Lena said. "Ok...well get comfortable then, I assume it'll be awhile yet." Eliza replied. Everyone nodded as they go comfortable in their chairs leaning on one another for both comfort and to rest their heads.

It wasn't until the wee hours of the next morning did a doctor come out of the operating room. "Danvers?" He asked. "Here!" Alex exclaimed. "Kara is out of surgery. Everything went well...uh she lost some blood but she's getting a transfusion right now. Uh...she's still unconscious but immediate family can come in if they like." He said as everyone stood up and walked over to him. "Uh immediately family only!" The doctor said again. "We are her immediate family! All of us." Alex snapped. "Oh? Well two at a time...no more." The doctor replied. "Ok! Alex and I'll go first then one of us will come out and one of you can go in." Eliza stated. Everyone nodded as they sat back down again.

Eliza and Alex walked into the hospital room and gasped. There Kara was covered in bandages, her leg casted and her eyes shut. Her face was scratched up and her eyes were black and blue. "Kara..." Alex gasped. "She's gonna be ok Alex..." Eliza whispered. "She's right Kara's gonna make a full recovery." The doctor stated. "Are you sure?" Alex asked. "Yes! She has no brain damage, and her bones will heal and she'll be back to writing articles." The doctor replied. "That's good..." Alex replied softly.

After a little while with Kara Alex dipped out after kissing Kara's cheek telling her she'd see her tomorrow after work. "I'll send Maggie in so we can go home after." Alex said looking at her mom. Alex made the long walk back to the waiting room and told Maggie to go in. "She's gonna make a full recovery. Doctor said there's no brain damage, and everything will be going back to work." Alex said. "That's good! That's amazing!" Lena replied. "Yea....when Maggie comes out one of  you two can go in..." Alex replied.

A little while later Maggie came out and hugged Lena and Sam before walking off with Alex. "You go...I'll wait here." Lena said ushering Sam into the room. "No...you go...it's you she likes best." Sam replied. "No Sam...go...I'll be ok." Lena replied. "Ok...I'll only be a few minutes." Sam replied. Lena nodded as Sam walked away.

"Oh my god!" Sam gasped as she walked into the hospital room. "Sam! She's gonna be ok...I know she will." Eliza replied. "She...she...she looks so..." Sam couldn't finish the sentence. "I know...I know...but she'll be ok." Eliza replied. Sam walked over to Kara's bedside. "Hey Kara...I'm gonna make this short so Lena can come in too..." Sam paused looking up at Eliza. "I'll give you a moment." Eliza stated.

Once she was out of the room Sam continued. "Kara...like I said...I'm gonna be quick so Lena can come in...I really like you Kara...however if at the end of whatever this is between us...you want to just be my friend...I'll understand. I'd rather have you as my friend than not in my life at all. You gotta get better soon Kara..." Sam whispered as she kissed the blondes forehead and quickly left the room.

"She looks terrible...she's all bandaged up and her legs in a cast...Lee...its..." Sam lost her words. "She's gonna be ok...you go home..get some sleep." Lena replied. "Ok...you go home after this too and get some sleep too." Sam added. "I will...now go." Lena replied. Lena took pause to get her emotions in check before going down the hall. Eliza was in the room again sitting in a chair half asleep now when Lena walked in. "Kara...I'm not gonna lie...you've looked better...ugh...that was terrible...listen you're gonna be ok...the doctors all say it's true. And when you do get better and decide to ride that bike again I'm going to have a jacket and pants suit with a built in air bag system...just in case. Well your mom's asleep so I'm gonna go now..." Lena began she leaned in towards Kara's sleeping face and kissed her cheek. "I'll come by tomorrow during lunch...I...love you Kara.." Lena whispered as she wiped a tear from her face and walked away.

Eliza looked up and saw Lena walk out. 'I love you Kara...' the words echoed throughout Eliza's head as she smiled to herself before looking at her youngest daughter and smiled.