The Shadow of the past

PART 7 OF A MOONLIGHT MOMENT

Nico's eyes seemed to bore into Jason's vacant expression, his face twisted in a mix of guilt and anger. "What have you done to him, Echo?" he spat, his voice laced with venom.

Echo's smile grew wider. "Oh, nothing too terrible, Nico. Just a little... persuasion. You see, Jason here was getting too close to the truth. Too close to uncovering the secrets you keep hidden."

Will's mind raced as he realized the truth. Echo was playing on Nico's past, his secrets, and his fears. And Jason was the key to unlocking it all.

"Secrets, Nico?" Will asked, his voice barely above a whisper. "What secrets?"

Nico's gaze snapped to Will, his eyes flashing with warning. "Don't, Will. Don't go there."

But Will knew he had to. He had to uncover the truth, no matter how painful it might be.

"Tell me, Nico," Will pressed, his voice firm but gentle. "What secrets are you hiding?"

Nico's face twisted in anguish, his eyes locked onto the shadows. "The shadows, Will. The shadows of my past. The things I've done... the things I've kept hidden."

Will's heart raced as he realized the truth. Nico's secrets were darker than he ever imagined, and they were all connected to the mysterious organization known only as "The Order".