Chapter 16

Author's POV

"Love? Awww where is he... P'Babe!"

"What?!", Babe turns around to look at Charlie as he walks into the house gym.

"I'm going to class naa...", the younger flashes a bright smile, all dressed up to go to class.

Meanwhile, Babe has been working out after having breakfast together. It has been a couple of days after Babe's rut calmed down and now he's feeling out of shape since all he's been doing was laying in bed recovering and eating.

Which Charlie beg to differ because all those cardio exercises they did on the bed, he thought it'll suffice. They tried multiple positions in the span of 3 days which made Babe wonder if he's the one in a rut or his boyfriend does because that boy have so much energy, he never got tired not even once.

"Go then!", Babe said slightly annoyed as he was enjoying his alone time finally working out.

"Hmmm and I'm not coming back here after. My dad told me to go home for a bit.", Charlie's smile dropped a little. "But I'll come back as soon as possible! I don't want you to be missing me", he moves to hug Babe despite his boyfriend's body dripping with sweat due to the workout.

"Whatever just go. Why would I be missing you? Tsk...", the older rolls his eyes while trying to get out of Charlie's grip. He's never been the clingy type while dating and he didn't think it'll change so Charlie clinging to him like this is pissing him off. Lowkey however he's secretly enjoying it.

"Because we're boyfriends now... Are you really not going to miss me?", Charlie bats his eyelashes as he's looking at Babe.

"You won't be gone for long anyway. What's the need to miss miss and all. Don't be childish.", Babe breaks free from Charlie's hug before moving to sit on the workout bench.

"Okay then I'll go now, love. Byee."

"Aren't you forgetting something?", Babe asked stoically.

Charlie smiles widely before leaning down to leave a kiss on Babe's cheek. Their goodbye kiss. It's so amusing for the younger that his older boyfriend have absolutely no emotion on his face while asking for a kiss but it's still so cute in his eyes.

"Take care.", he leaves another kiss on Babe's nose before running out the door leaving Babe to continue his workout.

All is well until the night time comes after Babe came back from his race practice at the circuit. He walks through the front door to an empty house. It's odd. He's been living alone since he was 18 yet here he is feeling weirded out that there's no jumpy puppy greeting him at the door as usual. The house is dark and there's no food waiting for him on the table.

He sighs while placing his bag onto the coffee table before flopping down on the fluffy couch without turning on the main lights in the living room.

Was this really his life before he met Charlie? Why does it feel so lonely? He's an only child he should've gotten used to this, no?

The reason why he bought this penthouse was because it's sound proof, further from other people and is high up so that his senses could relax. He wanted silence after a long day of hearing things, smelling things, seeing things that he didn't want to. He got what he wanted yet this soundless house felt so eerie for him at the moment.

Babe decided to pick up his phone and scrolls through his Instagram that he rarely checked before a familiar username caught his eyes.

It's Charlie's Instagram.

He clicked on the profile and is greeted by the only sentence in the bio that goes.

Someone's pupu 🐶