Chapter 22

Babe's POV

We didn't manage to find King last night and Pete said it's best to wait for his private investigator to be on the work with them so we waited until today to find the lead of where is the possible place King could be at.

I honestly didn't know why I even bother looking for him but my gut kept telling me to find him no matter what.

It worked in my favour that Charlie didn't come back today so I don't have to make an excuse as to why I'm going out since today is a weekend and I don't have any practice.

Charlie is very understanding with me but I don't know how he will react if I say I'm going to go find my ex who's missing. He doesn't show it but I knew he was jealous when we met King the other day at the restaurant. I don't want to make him jealous, this has nothing to do with our relationship.

I just need to figure this out myself and get my peace of mind back. It'll be quick.

Pete told me to meet him at our usual hideout besides the lake to discuss things over with the private investigator, Kim.

We've tried to track every single CCTV around the area King went missing but none of it showed any signs of him. He mysteriously disappeared like a ghost.

Right now we're trying to track his phone, we couldn't find his phone physically but I still knew his phone number by heart. It's a habit that I've yet forgotten. A part of me is glad that he still hasn't changed his number.

I can't deny the fact that he was my beck and call. His name used to light up my life but I was too scared of commitment back then.

I was just a young adult eager to chase my dream as a racer that I neglected everyone and everything around me that doesn't concern me about racing.

The truth is, I was sent to New Zealand by my grandfather to study there since high school up until college. However I did not finish my studies there as I moved back to Thailand when I got the opportunity to be a racer.

Racing has always been my passion. I got a huge fascination towards cars since I was a kid to the point that I would literally name each one of the passing by cars and try to guess the engine size just by hearing the noise it makes.

When I was in New Zealand, I made a friend. A very close friend. King. He's a local there but he's ethically Thai. His parents migrated there even before he was born so his nationality is a New Zealand's citizen.

We innocently started out just as mere friends who shared the same ethnicity and we bonded very fast with one another.

As fast as we got close, the faster we ended up being in each other's bed. That's how I learned that I love being dominated and prefer being on the receiving end despite my second gender being an alpha.

But I was too young to realise that I liked him romantically which leads me to being with multiple men in the past and ignored his advances.

It got to the point that his family found out about us being intimate which caused them disgust. They're the traditional family that believed alpha only belongs with omega and vise versa so you guessed it right, they didn't approve of our relationship.

We were never officially dating or such but King on the other hand have a different idea of our relationship. He went against his family and moved to Thailand with me when I told him I'm going to be a racer.

At first I found no problem with that but as time progressed he became more possessive and more demanding in our casual relationship while I'm in my 'I want to try everything in life' era.

I feel like he's blocking my freedom and is clipping my wings from moving forward with my goals so I had to put him in place.

I told him that he's nothing but just my constant fuck buddy and if he wants to remain that way he should stop acting the way he did. Of course he didn't take the news very well.