Chapter 2

Chapter 2

 I slid into the booth seat of the local cafe. I didn't want to come here, seeing as it was the first place Kingsley and I went to. After he pissed off Maribel and she cursed us with the handcuffs on our hands, he took me to the cafe and we sat outside and told each other about ourselves.

I looked across the cafe and folded my arms across my chest. I actually wasn't that hungry anymore. Whenever I thought about Kingsley, I lost every piece of appetite I had. Felix got up to go get us a salad from the salad bar and left Camden alone with me. I stared at him as he stared down at the table. Like he was afraid of something. Or afraid of me.

“You alright?” I asked, breaking the unbearable heavy silence that was coating the atmosphere. He jolted up and looked at me, his face growing pink.

“Yeah, I'm fine.” Oh, I could just taste his lie. I laughed and leaned onto the table, intertwining my fingers in between each other.

“Do you not like me or something? Or are you afraid of me?” His eyes widened and I knew I had hit the jackpot.

“No, it's just. Your my..Felix's sister.” Oh. Shocker. I did not expect that answer. I thought he hated me because he thought I might have had something to do with Kingsley's disappearance. But that was only a small guess.

“So, your embarrassed?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. He shifted uncomfortably. “No, just nervous.” At first, I still didn't understand what he was getting at but then I noticed his red complexion growing and then it hit me like lightning.

“Oh! Dude, no. I'm perfectly okay with you being with my brother. No judging coming from me. I always knew Felix was a little fruity to begin with.” Camden laughed and looked up as Felix approached.

“Fucking old ass lady holding up the line just to get a small little bowl of salad.” He dished out the salad bowls he had made for us and layed the dressing in the middle of the table. He sat down and looked at me then at Camden. “What were you guys talking about when I was gone?” I smiled and took my black plastic fork out of the packaging.

“Nothing.” I tossed the salad around and saw Felix had put red onions into the salad. I picked up the giant onion circle and threw at him.

“Dude! I hate red onions! Why would you put it in my salad?” I sighed as the onion hit him in the face and I started picking out the rest of the onions.

“I didn't know that!” he defended. He put the onion onto the table

“You've known me for how long now?” I asked grabbing a package of creamy Italian dressing and tearing the pre-cut part off.

“And like I payed attention to eating habits.” I chuckled and poured the dressing on top the salad and mixed it up.

Camden and Felix followed my pursuit and poured their dressings, mixed it up and began eating. We ate in silence for about a good five minutes before Felix cleared his throat.

“So, how have you been holding up?” I swallowed the piece of lettuce and looked at him.

“What do you mean?” He gave me a doubtful look and took a sip of his Coke. He nodded his head over to the table by the door and took another bite of his salad. “I saw you looking at them.” I followed the direction he made with his head and saw a couple sitting and holding hands. I stared at them longer then I thought. What if Kingsely and I were like that? Maybe I would know if he was still here. I shook my head and looked back at Felix.

“Okay. I stared at them. Your point?”

“You miss him.” I felt my heart twist at the words and tried not to flinch. Acting strong when you're really breaking down on the inside is a lot harder for some then you think. I thought I was doing a good job of hiding it until I felt the tears fill up and boil over.