Chapter 10

Chapter 10 (Penelope's POV)

We had been sitting in the living room fro the past hour talking about Camden and Fannies fake engagement. I'd zoned out for the majority of it, but from what I actually payed attention to I had learned that it truly was, as Fannie said, all a lie. Fannie needed to come into the demon's spell to warn me, and the only way she could think of doing that was to befriend Camden's mother which led to the proposal idea. But it was only so she could get to me, which didn't even work so it was a wasted plan.

"So, do you actually know my parents in real life or?" Camden asked, playing with Felix's hands.

"Yeah, well I should say more like my brother Xavier knows them, I've only met them like...twice?"

"Wait, who is Xavier exactly then? Or more like who are you guys? 'Cause it's not everyday I meet someone my dad works with."  Maribel entered the living room now, caring a tray of cups filled with tea and coffee. 

"Thank you Camden dear, now we get to explain who and what everyone is. This might get confusing so I suggest you pay attention." Maribel glared swiftly at Felix, causing him to freeze and throw his hands in the air. I chuckled at the action and grabbed a mug full of tea, taking a quick sip before sitting it back down.

"Yes, do tell." Kevin drawled in a fake British accent, draping his leg over his knee and holding them with his hands.

"Idiot, you're the one telling it." Maribel barked, picking up a magazine on the coffee table and smacking him across the head with it. Kevin jolted and then grabbed his head, cursing under his breath.

"You old hag." He mumbled. I'm guessing he was hoping no one heard it, but judging from the lunge Maribel just gave him, she heard.

"Okay okay." Kevin cleared his throat and repositioned himself on the couch cushion next to me. "My name is Kevin Park and the Blondie over there, that's Fannie Starovolkov. Her brother, Xavier Starovolkov, is the one asleep in the room." Felix opened his mouth to say something, but Kevin threw a hand towards him. "It will be explained later as to why he is asleep. Right now is the basics. Now, as you know by now, Maribel is the owner of what you would call a Demon Hunting business. What we do is track down demons that have escaped from hell, and send them back. Penelope was also apart of this business, as was Kingsley. At that time, Maribel only  had a training camp set up, which is where Fannie, Xavier and I all met." He paused and looked at all of us, his eyes lingering on me a little longer than I expected. 

"So, none of that explained why wrestler man is asleep in my sisters bed." I looked around for the closest object, settling on the T.V. remote, and hurled it at Felix.

"Shut-up you idiot. He wasn't finished." I looked at Kevin and smiled, mouthing an apology. He nodded and gave me the same cat-like smile from before and I could've sworn my heart would burst any minute now.

" Xavier is asleep because he used up too much energy projecting me into the demon's spell to give you the sword. Now, that the basics are out of the way, I will explain what everyone is. I am what you would call an Incubus, our female counterpart being a Succubus. An Incubus is a male demon who feeds off of the energy given to us by having sexual intercourse." I chocked on my tea and started gagging as it went up my nose. I sat the cup down as I coughed and Kevin tapped my back lightly, raising my arm in the air. 

I had a crush on a guy who fed off of erotic energy. Boy did I know how to pick them. "You alright?" Kevin asked softly. There was something about the way he talked to only to me. He was all serious and authoritative up until I started hacking up a lung. I looked up into his chocolate orbs and saw the care and concern that filled them. Shit, I was just falling deeper and deeper...