Chapter Five

The next day I was alone in the house. Not like I wasn’t used to it or anything, but still it was different because there were no maids running around. It was just me and our two gate men out front. I made my way to the kitchen and looked up our mechanic. I told him the problem and where he could find my car, he told me he’d met me there in an hour.

Hanging up I called Robbie. He didn’t answer. Great.

Groaning I slipped on my shoes, grabbing my phone on the way out and started walking my way to Rosie’s again. An hour and a half later I made it to the diner and prayed that our mechanic wouldn’t be too angry.

When I got there I saw his car pulling in and I quickly ran over to my car. “Sorry, I’m so late my dad gave me the wrong directions.” A guy told me as he came out.

“Sorry, um..” I shook my head staring at him.

“Right, you don’t know me. I’m Calvin, your mechanic.” He had dark hair that was messed up around his head and green eyes. He looked familiar, maybe I’ve seen him at school?

“Do I go to school with you?” I found myself asking before I could stop myself.

He rolled his eyes, “Figures.”  He muttered, “Is this your car?”

“Yeah.” I nodded following him to the front of the car.

“Pop the hood.” He told me with a head nod.

“Excuse me?”

He smirked, “Just unlock your car.” I did as he told me and he opened the drivers door and pulled a lever. The hood gave a click as it popped open slightly. He looked at the engine for a good ten minutes before he smiled, “You have loose wires. I’ll just tightening them.”

“Thanks.” I smiled looking down at my shoes before looking back up at him as he slammed the hood down. “What did you mean before when you said figures?” I asked. It’s been eating at me since he said it and I just had to ask.

He shrugged, “Figures, like a popular head cheerleader would ever know me.”

“You did look familiar.” I told him, “I just wasn’t sure.”

“Yeah well I know who you are.” He smirked over at me. I stared at him with my head cocked, a picture of Pax filled my mind. He was surrounded by his friends, one of them being Calvin.

“You’re friends with Pax.” I confirmed.

“You know Pax?” He questioned putting his tools back in his truck.

I nodded and bit my lip, “Who doesn’t?”

Calvin chuckled shaking his head, “I guess you’re right. Yeah I’m Pax’s right hand man, have been since I started school here.”

“What are you doing?” His cold voice came through the lot as the door chimed open roughly. He was in his uniform again and his hair brushed his stormy blue eyes.

“Hey man, just helping Em getting her car working again.” Calvin smiled clearly not noticing how tense Pax looked.

“I could have done that.” I heard Pax muttered his eyes hardening on him and then they landed on me. I held my breath and waited for him to yell at me or something but instead he shook his head, running his hands through his hair, “So you fixed it?”

“Sure did.” Calvin nodded and then winked, “Nice and tight. I’m kidding dude, relax.” He laughed and patted Pax’s shoulder as he passed him and then turned to face me, “Coming Em? Your treat.” I glanced at Calvin then at Pax and back at Calvin again. “I don’t bite. Hard.”