Chapter Fourteen

Once we got I home I made my way to my room. I was going to go to the dance studio, I missed dancing like crazy and I had cheer practice later so what better time to freestyle?

I changed quickly, grabbing my phone and gym bag, which held another change of clothes, as I headed out the door. I stopped when my phone began ringing, I sighed and reached into my bag and pulled it out.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone.

“Baby.” My mothers voice flittered through the phone. “I miss you, Em.”

I smiled slightly and shifted my bag on my shoulder as I made my way outside. “I miss you too mom. How’s Paris?”

“That’s what I called to tell you.” She told me instantly, “The baby is due any day now and Charlie thought that you could come out for a few days.”

I bit my lip, taking a few days off didn’t seem like that bad of an idea. “Uh, yeah. It sounds great.”

“Perfect.” She happily replied, “Charlie’s going to order your ticket and depending if he comes or not you're going to be traveling with Nate.” she seemed unsure.

Before this whole thing I would have said no way. I wasn’t going to spend 12 hours on a plane with him. I could barely be in the same room as him before, I mean during the holidays we hardly had anything to do with each other. But recently we’ve became close, I consider him one of closer friends.

“Mom, it’s fine. Nate’s actually been staying here for a few weeks and it’s been pretty good.” I laughed.

“Really?” She seemed surprised, “All we had to do was leave the country for a few weeks and you guys become friends?”

I rolled my eyes, throwing my bag into the back of the car. “It was only that easy.”

She laughed, “Oh, Charlie and I are going out to dinner now. Have fun sweet and I’ll see you in a few days. Au revoir”

“Bye.” I muttered after I heard the click. Same old same old.

I hopped into my car and drove to the studio. I did my new choreography for two hours before I realised that I was going to be late for cheer if I didn’t leave soon.

Walking into the gym I was greeted with practice already in motion. I was confused, I know I scheduled practice for three, why were they already practicing at a quarter to then? And it definitely wasn’t a warm up, they were all sweating. Sydney was in the front of the squad screaming out counts over the music, like she was the captain. What the hell is going on?

“Alright girls.” Syd clapped her hands together as the music cut off, “that’s all for today.”

All the girls turned around and walked out of the room, shooting me questioning glances. Once all the girls were out of the gym I made my way over to Syd, “What the hell?”