Chapter Twenty Four

“Come on, please?” I asked tugging on Pax’s hand, “It’s our last year and I actually have a boyfriend this time!”

“I don’t dance Em, you know that.” He growled, his hands in his pockets clearly annoyed.

“But-.” I tried.

He sighed heavily and pushed off the car he’d been leaning against. “I’m done talking about this, I’m not going.” He walked into Rosie’s without even looking back at me. Something just don’t change.

Sighing I opened my car door, so much for having plans on Valentines day. Knowing Pax he hasn’t planned anything for us and yeah, I was a little irritated.

I drove back to my house completely pissed, I wanted to do something with him on the most romantic day of the year and I’m not talking about watching our siblings while our parents were out, like we did almost every weekend.

Charlie had gone back to work now and he traveled a lot and the nanny was off on the weekends so I was stuck watching Noah. Not that I minded really, he was adorable.

Putting the car in park I groaned annoyed, was I blowing this out of proportion? Wasn’t just being with Pax supposed to be enough? Yes and it was. I just missed him, that’s all. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed his familiar number.

He didn’t answer but I wasn’t expecting him too, he was working after all. “Pax, it’s Emily. I’m sorry about before, I didn’t mean to get you so mad and I know you don’t dance. Come over later or give me a call. I love you.” I hung up, staring at the screen sadly. What if he was really mad? Like so mad he didn’t even want to talk to me?

A feeling of rejection settled in the pit of my stomach and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. I was too insecure, I knew this, yet I couldn’t do anything about it. I jumped when there was a knock on my window and turned my head to see who it was.

“Nate!” I squealed in surprise, my smile lighting up. I hadn’t seen him since Christmas and I missed him.

“Oh, so you do like me?” He questioned, smirking as I jumped out of the car and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Shut up Nate, I missed you!”

“What?” He joked, “What was that? I think I misheard it?”

I smiled and shoved him playfully, “what are you doing here?”

“I thought it was about time I see my favorite sibling.” He laughed when my smile widened, “Noah needs me.”

I rolled my eyes and made my way inside the house, “I see how it is,” I mumbled and made my way up the stairs, dropping my bag in my room before I made my way into the nursery.

Smiling I picked up the little boy in the crib, he’s gotten so big it was unbelieveable. “Come on, let’s go see your brother.” I cooed and Noah smiled letting out a cute baby giggle. He was adorable.