26.hammer please.

Dominique POV

Dominique POV

Sunday Nov 23.

1pm

I tried calling Tavia for what felt like the millionth time. Soon I just hissed my teeth and put the phone down.

Babes a gwaan like mi cyaah just pop up pon di block.

Mi give ar enough space an time , Lata today mi guh check up.

Lowkey miss mi wife, jah jah.

I entered the kitchen and took up a bottle of Wray and Nephew about to pour out some before I saw mommy doing the same, with a Coco Mania bottle in her hand.

" put ih dung" we both said then sighed.

" a seh deh dam bay yah think weh size, bout put dung, I'm you modda , I push you out, not the otha way around"she cursed continuing to pour her drink.

"Wow, patwa has left the chat" I chuckled continuing also.

Strictly Trini.

She rolled her eyes before giving me a ' I'm serious' look," at yo young age , wanna mash up ih self bay" she started her rant soon she started sniffling and wiped her eyes a bit aggressively.

" I promised my self I wasn't going to cry this year" she sniffled again , holding up her head to stop the tears from coming down.

" but you remind me so much of him, i-i can't" she broke down in tears and I rushed over embracing her in a warm hug rubbing her bag soothingly as she rested her her on my chest.

She's so short.

" mommy, listen, pops wouldn't waah know seh yaah bawl ova him or sad fi nuh reason at all, we just affi pull through this, okay" I wiped her tear stained cheeks as she eased of me.

" Dominique?, Ajani?!" She called me by my middle name, emphasizing the seriousness of whatever she's going to say next.

" yes mum?"

" can you please stop drinking and smoking, please, why yaah guh mek mi life harder than it already is ?, please just stop, a you alone mi a live fa right now, yuh waah dead left mi yah?, Dominique just stop,Mi nuh waah yaah guh down that path, " she broke down in tears again, shattering me.

Mi honestly neva know how much my bad decisions affected people weh mi care bout so much.

Just seeing my mother like this makes me truely want to stop, I started trying with smoking but sumn weh yuh get used to , yuh can't just get up one day n stop but mi try fi Tav.

I nodded my head reassuringly, should I be making these kind of promises?, it hard.

" you know what the autopsy people told me when your father died?" She proceeded to answer her own question.