If this ship book was like other ship books

So people. I want to show you something. I'm reading this shipping book, and this person says that they ship Ereri. The comments obviously show people who ship Ereri, because for some fricking reason EVERYONE does. Have you seen a shipping book where they don't? And if you have, then pretty please with a sparkled Levi on top show it to me.

Anyways, so I'm reading this and I know that I really shouldn't say anything about how I don't ship it and crap like that, but I can't help myself! It was one of those books where they didn't explain anything. You know what this book would be like if I was like every other shipping reaction book? This would happen:

Ereri- well . . . I guess it's okay

What I'd actually be thinking: I hate this ship, but I'm not gonna say it because Ereri shippers are freaking CRAZY and will literally kill me if I say I don't ship it.

Eren x Mikasa- I ship this because their* adorable! yyeee

*Note the incorrect grammar.

Hiyori x Yato- I ship this! Yeah!

Erwin x Levi- Yeah I ship them. They look cute.

Okay, I can't anymore it's making me cringe. Why the heck don't people freaking explain why they ship it?! THEY'RE ADORABLE ISN'T A GOOD ENOUGH ANSWER! I'm sorry people, but I'm done with this crap. Why the freak do you ship it? You know what's gonna happen if you don't explain? People are gonna ask! And you know what's gonna happen if people ask? Other people who take everyone questioning their ship, because you know not everyone hails the almighty God of Your Ship, as if the person questioning is trying to insult and bully the person who happens to ship it.

So, this happened the other day. I saw that this person shipped Ereri, and I was curious as to why and I asked in a completely nice and normal way that totally didn't sound like I was saying this:

Wow you nasty Ereri shipper you're so stupid get the heck away from me ewww don't touch me with your Ereri hands! NASTY!

This is what I commented:

"I can see where people see that they have a bond, but I just don't see where people get ROMANTIC (not meant to be yelling there's just no italics) relationship out of them. Since you say you're an Ereri shipper, I was just wondering if you could tell me when you started shipping it or perhaps why?"

And you know who replied to my comment? Not the author if that's what you were thinking. Somebody who obviously just couldn't believe that I had the audacity to actually ask why someone had a certain opinion! How shameful of me!

The person told me that the author didn't have to explain themselves and that I should approve of his opinion on all ships. They also went on to say that this book was based on the author's opinion. This is what I replied with:

"Well, I know that this book is on their opinion and I was only wondering if they could explain their reasons as to why. I hope I wasn't offending anyone in any way because that honestly wasn't my intent. I'm still confused and I was just asking. Am I not allowed to ask people why they have a specific opinion?"

Now this person had really upset me. I mean come on. I was asking why someone had an opinion and I got bashed for it? What kind of stupid messed up logic is that? If you're wondering why I'm not using the other person's actual comment, it's because I don't have their consent. Though, they did post it on the internet where everyone could see so . . . whatever I'm not using the actual comment.

They in fact wrote back to me and they said that yes, I am allowed to ask, because everyone's allowed to ask, but they just thought I meant it in a mean way. They used the wrong your/you're in their comment . . .

You know what? I wrote all the stuff before this at like . . . three AM. I'm coming back to it, and I'm realizing that wow this sounds offensive. Well, crap. How can I make this sound NOT offensive? I don't know.

All I was really getting to, was the person asked me to approve of their ship. What? Why? I literally just said that I don't ship this so how can I approve of the ship? I'm even more freaking confused than I was before she even replied to my comment! Why? If they were asking me to start shipping it, can I make my answer a blatant no? Because that's what it is. A no. No.

This is a rant and you know what, this is the overall point: don't be stupid. Think before you comment. Reread the comment several times. If the comment sounds stupid or offensive, you should probably change it to sound either really professional, or less offensive.

Also! Another point that I want to get across is that not everyone's going to ship what you ship, and you as a person have to accept other people's opinions. If someone starts questioning your ship, back it up with cannon evidence from the original source material and you should be fine, because you're clearly stating your reasons. Ship stuff that you can actually defend, or don't get into arguments with people who don't ship it, because they will beat you with a baseball bat that is cold, hard, facts.

So, if you're going to write a Shipping Reactions book, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE! Please tell people why you ship it. Because look what happened when I tried asking! People got upset at me for even questioning their ship! And that's where people start to sound stupid.

Just because someone doesn't ship what you ship, and is asking someone why they ship something because they never freaking explained, don't automatically defend the author when the author probably doesn't even know you. Especially so, if your ship isn't cannon and you're fighting against someone who ships something that is cannon.

OVERALL: EXPLAIN!