Chapter 6

(Devon's POV)

I frown as I sit on my bed. I never felt that before. The little tug at my heart when I walked away, screaming for me to stay. I ignore the feeling and get up. I don't feel like writing a song write now. I sigh and look at what I'm wearing. I'm still in my PJs. Ew.

I put on black skinny jeans, a white V-neck, a black and red plaid flannel that ties around my waist, my leather jacket and combat boots. I do my hair and put my things in my pockets.

I walk downstairs and see everyone in the living room still. I sit down on the couch next to Ivy. I notice Alex staring at me. I meet her gaze, causing her to look away. I run my fingers through my hair and turn my attention to the TV. On my left is Skylar, who is watching the TV intensely. Ivy is on my right, who is on her phone. Ryan is also watching TV, but doesn't look as interested as Skylar. Leon sighs and picks up his bowl of skittles. He throws one at Skylar, hitting her in the cheek. 

Skylar doesn't flinch or move, causing Leon to throw another one. It hits her on the forehead. Skylar still doesn't react. Leon huffs and he grabs a handful. He launches them at Skylar. The skittles hit Skylar and I.

"What the hell?" Skylar asks as she grabs some. She throws them back at Leon. I stare blankly at the skittles and grab one. I put it in my mouth, eating it. I look over at Alex, who is staring at the ground. I avert my eyes back to Skylar and Leon, where the skittle war is taking place. Leon accidently throws one at Ivy, hitting her in the eye. She looks up from her phone and furrow her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry! It was an accident!" Leon defends. Ivy smirks and throws the skittle at Leon, hitting him on the nose. Ryan decides to join in and throws some at Ivy.

"Hey! Innocent citizen here!" I shout as skittles hit me. I cover my face up. The four of them look at each other and smirk. They stop throwing at each other and throw it all at me. I uncover my face and open my mouth, skittles falling into it. I chew the ones in my mouth and take some of the skittles in my hand. 

Alex is sitting innocently just watching. I throw some at Alex. Alex snaps her head up to look at me, a small grin playing on her face. She takes the skittles from the floor and chucks them at me. I hop off of the couch and dive behind it, bracing for cover. I roll into the kitchen and open the pantry. I grab some more candy and peanuts. I open the bag of peanuts and run out of the kitchen. I throw the peanuts at Alex, who is now shielding her face. 

Ryan is recording this while the others are getting ready to re-enter the fight. My leather jacket slides off in the process. Alex grabs the candy and peanuts from the floor and runs after me. I run outside to the backyard where the pool is. I throw the rest of the peanuts at Alex, hitting her in the face. I laugh as she flinches from the peanuts.

Alex corners me with an evil smirk. I look around and my eyes land on the table. I sprint past Alex, catching her by surprise. I grab the two water guns, which are full. Ryan and everyone else is now out here, recording Alex and I. 

"Hands up! Drop the candy and peanuts!" I command Alex. I point the two water guns at her. Her eyes widen and she slowly drops the candy and peanuts.

"Okay, okay. Let's not get to serious now." Alex hastily says. I grin and twirl the water guns in my hand.

"You're so damn guidable." I say and squirt her with the water guns. Alex squeals and jumps up and down, causing me to laugh. Alex starts running as I shoot her. Once I'm out of water, I throw them into the pool. Alex is hiding behind Ryan, who recorded the whole thing.

"Oh man," Ryan comments as he stops the video. "The fans are gonna love this."

I look at Ryan, then Alex.

"You might want to ask Alex if she wants to be all over social media, Ryan." I warn him before walking inside. I don't want Alex all over social media. It'll ruin her life and privacy if people do find out her name and shit.

"Alex doesn't care! So I'm posting it!" Ryan shouts. I don't respond. My phone goes off, I'm guessing Ryan just posted the video. I put my phone on vibrate and walk to the living room. Alex is sitting there with her shirt still wet. I sit down next to her and sigh.

"You got my shirt wet." Alex states.

"My bad." I sarcastically say, causing Alex to roll her eyes. Alex turns to me, sitting crisscrossed apple sauce.

"I don't get it. One minuet you're hilarious and the next you're like an old hill billy grandpa with a shotgun." Alex says as she studies me.

"Trying to take another crack at figuring me out, yeah?" I ask her. Alex doesn't respond, she just stares into my eyes, trying to read it. I keep my expression cold and my emotions shut off. I sigh and throw my head back.

"Are you done yet?" I mumble. Alex snaps out of her trance and blushes.

"I'm still freaking out that I'm in Proposal Till Twelve's house. It's unreal." Alex comments. Speaking of which, why is she still here? The fuck?

"Have you informed your parents that you're here?" I ask her. Alex's eyes darken and she tenses. "Sorry, you don't have to answer that if you don't want too." I add.

"No it's uh, you're fine. You didn't know." Alex swallows. "My parents. They're alcoholic's. I go home and they're drinking. When I was younger, my father would beat me while my mother watched. They stopped because I grew up. I don't see them anymore. I live with Ivy actually."

My eyes drop to the floor. She's had it worst then me. She's been abused, and she's still happy. Her emotions are still running strong.

"I don't even know why I'm opening up to you," Alex dryly laughs. "You probably don't care."

My head snaps up and my eyes burn into Alex's eyes.

"I do care. Believe it or not I'm not that bad of a person, Alex. Yeah, I may be a cold self-centered bitch. But I still care about people." I say.

"They abused me like I was a empty can. I'm fucking useless, Devon. I'm not worth it. I'm nothing." Alex says, tears swelling in her eyes. All those emotions she's been bottling up, she's now letting it go.

"Hey," I softly speak. "Don't you dare say you're useless, or nothing. You are worth it, Alex. Your parents are just drunken idiots saying meaningless shit. Everybody is worth something, Alex. To make people happy, or to make someone stronger. Just think of it this way, your parents made you stronger. You had to put up with all their shit that it made you stronger in so many ways. You just can't see it."

Alex looks at me, a small smile playing on her lips. The tears have stopped flowing from her eyes.

"Thank you." Alex whispers.