Chapter 48

(Devon's POV)

It's now Monday. Ever since I left the band, I've been devastated and lonely. I got hate on Twitter, telling me that I'm selfish, wanting all the money to myself.

I can see why they'd say that, but they don't know the whole story. I haven't heard from any of them, I'm not surprised though. I basically walked out on their lives.

I walk into the studio, greeting Sarah.

"Morning." I mumble.

"Morning," Sarah greets. "Do you have any new songs?"

I nod and open my notebook.

"I'm going to need a piano though." I inform her, clearly shocking her.

"I didn't know you could play piano!"

"You don't know that much about me, Sarah."

Sarah sighs as I walk to the piano.

"Ready?" I ask her. Sarah nods, motioning to go on. I take a deep breath, closing my eyes.

There is a house built out of stone

Wooden floors, walls and window sills

Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust

This is a place where I don't feel alone

This is a place where I feel at home

'Cause, I built a home

For you

For me

Until it disappeared

From me

From you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust

Out in the garden where we planted the seeds

There is a tree as old as me

Branches were sewn by the color of green

Ground had arose and passed it's knees

By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top

I climbed the tree to see the world

When the gusts came around to blow me down

I held on as tightly as you held onto me

And, I built a home

For you

For me

Until it disappeared

From me

From you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust

I open my eyes to see Sarah and the producer crying.

"That..that was emotional. Good job." Sarah says, wiping her tears away.

I nod and get up. I walk back to Sarah.

"That's enough for today, uh. Be here tomorrow by 12:30 PM."

I bid my goodbye and walk out of the office. I walk out of the building, past the secretary to outside. I walked here, considering my apartment isn't to far. I know it's risky due to fans, but so be it.

As I'm walking by Starbucks, I hear screams and see flashes. I glance over there and stop to look. I catch a glimpse of someone in the window.

It's Skylar. We lock eyes, but Alex comes and sits next to her. I start walking away, faster then ever. I saw them. At least two of them. They looked happy-but a little down.

I reach my apartment door. I pull out my keys, unlocking the door. I shut it behind me, taking a look at the place. It's huge, no doubt about it. It's empty. It's lonely.

I'm empty. I'm lonely.

I sigh as I put my keys down on the kitchen counter. I rest my head on the counter, tears flowing down my cheeks. I slide down the counter, full on sobbing. My mascara runs down my cheeks as I fumble for a cigarette. My hands shake as I light it.

I put it to my mouth as I take my phone out. I scroll through photo's of Alex and I. I stop at the one Skylar took. We were both cuddling and sleeping in bed. Her head was on my chest, while my head was on her head. Her left hand was placed underneath my shirt while her right hand was interlaced with mine.

Skylar. Skylar is-was my best friend. She took me in, she took care of me, she helped me. I pushed her away, yet she still wanted to help me. I'll always remember Skylar, even if she forgets me. I love her as much as any other best friend would.

Leon. Leon is a goof ball. Leon and I would always play video games, joke around and pig out. He cheered me up when I was sad. He made me laugh and smile when I was crying.

Ryan. Ryan comforted me when I was sad. He'd lay there and hold me while I cried into his chest. He'd stay with me over night to make sure I fall asleep. We'd always cook and bake together.

I could go on and on how those three helped me out. But I rather not bore you.

I turn my phone off, putting it to the side. I put the cigarette out, throwing it in the trash. I lift myself up off the ground.

I take a quick, warm shower. I put on some new clothes, considering the ones I was just wearing are tear stained.

I put on black jeans, a black over-sized hoodie and my black combat boots. I redo my hair and makeup. I brush my teeth-again.

I put my phone in my pocket, along with my lighter and cigarette. I grab my lyric notebook and pen. I grab my keys and walk out, locking the door behind me.

I put my hood up and my head down as I walk down the city's sidewalk. I reach the park and enter, finding the tree I climb when I met Kai.

I climb it with my notebook and pen in my hand. Don't ask how-just know it was hard. I sit on the second branch, my back leaning against the bark. I pull my knees up as I set the notebook on my lap. I open up my notebook to a blank page. I put the pen in my mouth, chewing on it.

"Hello! Man, I keep meeting strangers on this tree!" A voice says. Kai.

"Hey Kai." I mumble, taking my hood off.

"Devon! Hey!" She smiles at me. "You look like shit."

"Thanks," I sarcastically say. "How's everyone doing?"

"We visit them everyday. But to be honest, they look happy and devastated. Alex is the worst. She'll stay in her room and not eat. Luckily we got her to come to Starbucks today. And they're looking for a new singer." She informs me.

I sigh and nod. Great, Alex is locking herself in her room and not eating, because of me.

I flip through my notebook, finding the page. I rip it out.

"Give these to Skylar. They're lists of singers and phones numbers on here." I give her the pieces of paper. She nods and takes them.

We both jump off of the tree. I look at Kai and smile. I give her a small hug.

"Tell Emily I said hi." I mumble. Kai nods.

"Bye."

I start walking away with a sigh.

~~~

holy crap.

1k reads.

thank you guys.

so so much.

~Gracie