Chapter 40

(Devon's POV)

My eyes slowly flutter open. I'm not in my bunk..so where the fuck am I? I look down and see arms wrapped around my waist. My head is on someone's shoulder. I lift my head up and follow the arms upwards, to see Alex's face.

Okay-I'm fully clothed, so we didn't do anything..unless she dressed me. Ew. I doubt it. I sigh and remove her arms around me. I stand up, stretching in the process. I look at my watch. It's 5:46 AM. Holy shit, why am I up so early? I guess I can't go back to sleep now.

The sun is nearly up. The sky is a dark blue color. I notice I'm in my clothes from yesterday. I sigh and walk over to my bunk, grabbing some clothes. I slip on my black skinny jeans, a black and red flannel, my combat boots. I brush my hair and my teeth. I wipe off my smudge make up. Was I crying last night? Eh, whatever. I put my black beanie on before walking out.

I walk into the kitchen, but pause when I see Alex lying on the floor. I bite my lip and sigh. I walk over to her and pick her up, bridal style. I place her in her bunk gently, putting the covers over her. I close her curtain and walk back into the kitchen.

I make myself some coffee and a bowl of cheerios. I carry my coffee and cereal to the living room, placing it on the coffee table. Okay..so I don't have a head ache last night, so I didn't get that drunk. But I do remember drinking at the bar.

I start drinking my coffee and eating my cereal. I sigh and turn the TV on. I go to E! News. I read the bottom headlines, looking for my name. Once I don't see my name, I sigh in relief. I must've avoid Paparazzi last night-which is good. I've gotten in enough trouble.

Okay, now think. Think Devon. I remember walking onto the tour bus..Alex! Alex was crying and was upset. I remember apologizing..and then sliding down onto the floor. I said goodnight and I love you. And then I fell asleep.

Fuck, I said 'I love you'. I don't even know if she said it back or not-I was to far gone. I'm about to turn the TV to a different channel, but I stop when I hear my name.

"In other news, Devon Swift! Yesterday on an interview, she snapped, saying not to fall in love with a straight girl! Obviously she's talking about Alex. Have they entered another rough patch? This was after we caught Devon drinking. Has our Little Rock-Star gone back to being the bad ass rebel?"

I sigh and shut the TV off, not in the mood to watch anymore. I also lost my appetite. Thanks a lot, E! News. I get up and pick up my things, walking into the kitchen. I put my cup and bowl into the sink.

I look at the time, 6:30 AM. I walk to my bunk and grab my notebook. I write down a song and add it under the songs that will be on our new album. 

I sigh and check the time again. 7:02 AM. I close my notebook and put it back in my bunk. As I'm walking back into the lounge, I hear someone get up. I sit on the couch, staring at the ground. I look up to see Skylar.

"Morning." I say, startling Skylar.

"Holy mother of shit loads. You scared me. Morning.." She mumbles, walking into the kitchen. 

Minuets later she comes back out with a cup of coffee. She sits next to me with a sigh.

"Where'd you go last night?" Skylar asks before taking a sip of coffee.

"Does anybody listen? I yelled out before I left I was going out." I mumble the first part.

"Did you drink?" She asks.

"What is this? 21 questions?" I sarcastically ask. Before she can reply, Ryan comes in.

"Morning ladies." He yawns. I wave at him as he walks into the kitchen.

Skylar stays quiet and continues to drink her coffee. I lean back into the couch, relaxing myself. We have a concert tonight at 8:00 tonight.

I'm still wondering if Alex said 'I love you' back to me. She said she was worried, so that means something..right? I sure hope so. I mean, if she doesn't love me back, then I don't know how I'll move on. 

It'd probably take me years to move on. I can see it now. Me suffering through depression, drinking, smoking, partying and sleeping. While Alex is dating someone else, laughing, kissing, cuddling and happy.

Would she even care if I just..disappeared? Forever? Like not being in her life anymore-or anyone's life? What if I left the band? How would they cope? How would the fans cope? 

What would happen if I become a..solo artist? Like Nick Jonas, or Beyoncé! I mean, they were all in a group before-and now look where they are! Especially Beyoncé.

"I can't believe I'm actually thinking about that.." I mutter aloud.

"About what?" A new voice says. I look up, clearly shocked to see everyone awake.

"Nothing." I shake my head.

"Was it about the dirty?" Leon wiggles his eyebrows.

"No." I deny, furrowing my eyebrows.

Why the hell did I just think about becoming a solo artist? That's so..fucking selfish!

"Then what?" Ryan presses me to tell.

"Nothing," I lie. "I forgot."

Hopefully they'll drop it here. I wouldn't like them to know that I was thinking about becoming a solo artist. They'd probably hate me forever.

I see Alex eye me suspiciously. I sigh and shake my head, getting rid of the negatives thoughts in my head.

"We have a concert tonight." I change the subject. Leon's face lights up as his phone dings. "Leon and Alice sitting in a tree." I hum. Leon glares at me before returning to his phone.

Ivy smiles sweetly at Ryan.

"Ivy and Ryan sitting in a tree." Skylar sings, causing both of them to glare at her. I let out a slight laugh.

My eyes trail to Alex, who is looking at me. We lock eyes, both of us not daring to move. I bite my lip as I look at her. Her eyes are a hazel color today, and her hair is..perfect. Like her. Everything about her is perfect. Even her flaws.

My phone dings, breaking us from our staring contest. I sigh and take my phone out.

Taylor Swift: Gooood morning! Don't forget we have a concert tonight! And everyone has lunch today at 12:30! I also have someone to help you get over Alex. ;)

Me: uh, morning Tay. Okay and okay. But how do you know this person will get me over Alex? What if I don't want to get over her?

Taylor Swift: Please, you need to get over her for sometime! And don't worry, this chick is totally awesome.

Me: Is it someone I know?

Tay: Maybe.

I sigh and put my phone away.

"Taylor said everyone has lunch today at 12:30. She has someone I'd like to meet, I guess to help me get over..uh, Alex." I mumble the last part.

Alex looks down and then back up.

"Okay."