Chapter 11

(Devon's POV)

I open my eyes, only to be blinded by the sunlight. I close my eyes again and then look away. I try sitting up, but something is holding me down, or someone is holding me down. I look down and see it's Alex. She's holding onto me like it's for dear life. Her eyes are a little red, but nothing major.

I look at my watch and it's 8:34 AM. I remove Alex's arm, careful not to wake her up. I get up and walk back inside. I walk downstairs into the kitchen, where everyone else is.

"Where's Alex?" Ivy asks me.

"Good morning to you too!" I sarcastically say. Ivy rolls her eyes.

I walk up to Ivy and stand beside her so I can tell her what happened. The others don't know about Alex's past.

"She had a flashback last night. I went onto the balcony and she was crying. I comforted her and we fell asleep." I whisper.

"Is she okay? And how do you know about the flashbacks?" Ivy whispers back. Ryan, Skylar and Leon aren't paying attention to us, they're too busy arguing about something.

"I don't know, she hasn't woke up yet. She told me about her past, Ivy. Well, only the abusive part and she lives with you."

Ivy nods as Alex walks in. She walks over to Ivy and I.

"Thank you, for last night." Alex says.

"Yeah, you're welcome." I mumble. Catching me by surprise, Alex hugs me. I hug her back, taking in her scent. I let go of her. She smiles at me. That hug made me feel like I was on Cloud 9.

"If you don't mind me asking, Alex and Ivy. What apartment do you live in?" I ask. I mean, isn't it weird how they haven't gone home or anything this whole time?

"Holly Cove." Ivy mumbles. My eyes widen. Holly Cove is a dangerous neighborhood. It's practically the ghetto but more ghetto then normal. People get murdered there. In Holly Cove there are prostitutes, drug dealers, gang bangers and so many more.

"No. You're not living there anymore." I demand.

"But we have no where else to live!" Alex exclaims. I push off of the counter and stand in front of the two friends.

"No, you do. You'll stay with us. That's final." I say in a stern voice. Alex and Ivy glance at each other before nodding. 

"Do you have anything back in that apartment?" Skylar asks. They shake there heads, meaning no. My eyes are trained on Alex. I can't keep my eyes from looking at her, no matter how hard I'm trying. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open my eyes again.

"You alright?" Alex asks me in a soft tone. She places her hand on my wrist. My breath hitches as she touches me.

"Uh, y-yea." I stutter. Woah? Me nervous? I never had that quality while talking. I'm usually filled with confidence. 

Skylar eyes me, along with Ivy. I gulp and put on a small smile.

"You sure?" Alex asks me.

"Mhm." I hum in response, not trusting my voice. 

~~~

I check my Twitter feed. My notifications are blowing up. I click on a link that a fan sent me. It's video of me punching the Paparazzi. I frown and look at the comments.

Lola13: Devon is a damn monster! So what if she is paying for the man's medical bill! She's a fucking disgrace!

snowbird45: Devon shouldn't be allowed it public, but her in a cage. That's where she belongs. In a damn cage. 

juneas1dox: Fuck you, Devon. You lost my damn respect. I don't even see why I was a fan in the first place. Your music sucks and so does your voice. Along with your sexuality. Go to hell, fag.

I turn my phone off and throw it at the wall, shattering the screen. That last comment got me good. The little shit hates our music, says my voice sucks, and then he criticizes my sexuality? I usually don't let these comments get too me. I'm use to it. But for some reason I need to let my anger out.

My mother and father said the exact same thing as him. 'Go to hell, fag.' I cried every night I was on the street. Some people were generous enough to give me some money. Probably a dollar or two, nothing major.

I bet my mother and father would come back for the money, because I'm now famous. They'd only love me for my money. They'd want me to give them money so they can buy whatever the hell they want. 

~Flash Back~

I'm going to tell them today. I'll be telling them that I like girls instead of boys.

"Mom, dad. I have something to tell you." I say in a shaky voice. My mother puts down her magazine while my dad turns off the TV. They give me there attention.

"I-uh. I like uh, girls." I mumble. I gulp and look up. My father is shaking with anger while my mother stands up.

"You what?" My mother shouts.

"I-uh, I like girls." I mummer. Dad stands up and walks over to me. His face is red. I feel a sharp pain on my cheek. He slapped me.

"Get out! Get your shit and get the fuck out of my house! I will not have a fag in this damn house!" He shouts. Tears run down my face as I run upstairs. I quickly pack everything and walk back downstairs.

"You're going to hell, fag!" Mother shouts as I run out of the house.

End

Tears fall from my eyes as I stare at my shattered phone. I'm now shaking with anger. We have a workout room downstairs. I put on some gym shorts and a tank-top, along with fingerless gloves.

I walk downstairs, wiping my tears away. I walk into the workout room. Skylar is on the treadmill, running at a fast pace.

"Hey Devon!" Skylar chirps, not noticing my tears.

"Hi." I mumble and walk over to the punching bags. I start punching it. It starts going back and forth slowly. I start kicking and punching at a faster pace.

Fag. Punch. Go to hell! Punch. Worthless. Punch.

The punching bag falls off of the chain. My breathing is heavy and more tears fall from my eyes. Skylar is now standing, watching me in fear. I ignore her stares and hook another punching bag up.

I start punching rapidly. I kick it and it rocks back in forth. I tune everything out and continue punching. Someone pulls be back from the bag. They hold me in their arms as tears fall from my eyes. I look up and see Ryan holding me. Alex is staring at me, along with the others. I see pity in their eyes.

I let go of Ryan and notice the blood on my knuckles. My eyes wander over to the two punching bags lying on the floor. I take off my gloves as the bleeding stops. I wipe my tears away.

"Devon, babe. What happened?" Skylar asks me in a soothing tone. I look up at her.

"People on twitter were saying mean things about me. That brought back up memories." I mumble. Skylar nods understandingly. Alex and Ivy looks confused on what's going on. Skylar, Ryan and Leon are the only ones who know about my family. Not even the fans know this.

"Go take a shower and we'll talk." Skylar says. I nod and walk out of the room.