Chapter 29

(Devon's POV)

I finish the song I've been working on for the past few days. Concerts have been tiring, but fun. I still haven't spoken to Alex, nor do I want too. I'm still in pain, I just don't show it as much anymore. I still don't eat much.

I shut down my emotions again. Everybody notice, even the fans. I rarely speak anymore. I'm going back to how I was before. Not talking, not any fun, not happy not..me. I'm not me. I'm someone else.

Alex seems to be doing better then I have. She's still happy and all. Well she wasn't the one who got cheated on. It's kinda' hard to see her happy when I'm not the one causing her happiness.

The sad thing is, I still love her. I still love her when I don't want to. I want to hate her. But I can't. I love everything about her. But I want to fucking hate her. And part of me does. I hate that she makes me love her after all the pain she's put me through.

"Hey guys," I clear my throat as I walk in. "New song?" I give a cheeky smile. I hold up my notebook to the page it's on.

"Ooh, gimmie!" Skylar says, putting her hands out. I hand her the book, shifting on my feet. Skylar then passes it around. Once it reaches Alex, she reads it slowly. She puts her hands on it, tracing the words. She sighs and hands it back to me, our hands slightly brushing.

"I love it!" Leon exclaims, the others nod in agreement while Alex stares off into space.

"Good. When we go back home we're going to record it. It's going to be on our new album." I inform them, closing my notebook. I put it back in my bunk. I then notice I'm still in my PJs. I put on some black skinny jeans, a dark red tank top, my leather jacket and combat boots. I put my things in my pocket and walk back out to the longue.

I sit down next to Skylar with a sigh.

"Why do you always wear your leather jacket, skinny jeans and combat boots?" Skylar questions me.

"I don't know..I just like the style." I shrug. "I'm going on a walk."

I stand up and grab my beats headphones, "Anyone coming with?"

No one replies, so I walk out. I take out a cigarette and light it while walking.

The best part to me about these concerts, are meeting the fans and performing. You just hear stories about how you helped the fans and how you make them happy, it just makes you emotional to know that you're their hero in some type of way. And when we perform there faces light up the world like there is no tomorrow. It's just fantastic, you know?

I plug my beats into my phone and put them on. I press play as I walk around. I watch as two kids, siblings is what they look like, walking with their mom and dad. The kids look no older then 5 years old.

I wish I was a kid again. Happy and free, not a care in the world. As a kid I didn't have to worry about what other people thought of me. People didn't think of how you looked like or what you did when you were younger. But once you're in your teenage years? All hell breaks loose. You start questioning what you look like, how you dress, your sexuality, it's all just too much. You start having responsibilities. You have to start worrying about school, what you look like, your future, how you present yourself. It's all too much.

I sit on a bench that's not to far from the arena. A group of teenagers walk past me on the other side of the road. They all look to be about 16, 17, or 18. They're 3 girls and 3 boys. They get to have fun on this lovely Saturday. I doubt any of them are noticing how loud they are.

That's the good thing about having friends. They don't judge you, unless they're fake. They love you for who you are. And those group of kids are only having fun, so nobody cares because they look so happy.

I take off my headphones as it hangs around my neck. I continue smoking and watch the kids pushing and joking with each other. It brings a smile to my face to watch other people have fun. I then lock eyes with one of the girls. She looks to be about 18 years old? Her eyes widen as she looks at me. I'm guessing she's a fan?

I wink at her, causing her to squeal. All of her friends look at her like she's crazy. She then starts pointing to me, but I quickly stand up and hide behind the bench.

"What? She was-right-no fucking way? Where'd she go?" I hear the girl speak. I stifle a laugh.

"You're just seeing things, Alice." A boy says.

"Bull shit! She was right here!" The girl-Alice, says. I then sneak around the bench so I'm behind them.

"She's not lying, I saw her right here." I say, putting my hands in my pocket.

"Thank you!" Lisa exclaims, now turning around. She then screams as she sees me. Her friends whip around and then there eyes widen too.

"You guys are fans, huh?" I ask them, chuckling. All 6 of them nod. I smile. "Hand me your phones."

I take a picture with all of them, doing silly faces. I check my watch and my eyes widen.

"Sorry to cut this short, kiddos. I have a concert to attend to. Nice meeting you guys!" I say, giving them all a hug. As I walk away, I hear them squealing. I laugh and put my headphones on.

~~~

"THANK YOU CHICAGO!" I scream into the mic as we walk off of the stage. As I'm about to walk off, someone catches my eye. I squint my eyes and see it's Alice. I smile at her, which she jumps up and down. I'll catch her on my way out..

"Guys, I'ma go find someone. I'll be right back." I say.

"Wait! You'll need security!" Alex exclaims, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Since when do you care? Whatever, uh, Steven, come on!" I shout for Steven. Steven nods and follows me. I walk off the stage as the arena clears out.

My eyes land on her. She has brown hair and dark eyes. She's..pale, like a lot.

"Over there." I point to her. Steven nods and makes his way over there. She looks confused at first but a grin takes over her face. Steven grabs ahold of her arm and brings her over to me.

"Hello, Alice." I smile to her.

"Holy crap, crap shit. You kn-now my name!" Alice squeals.

"Yeah, mind coming back stage with me? You can meet the others." I offer her. Alice rapidly nods. I chuckle and grab her hand, dragging her backstage. I walk into our dresser room where everyone else is, including Alex and Ivy.

"Hey guys. I met Alice on the streets today, she seems like a lovely girl so I invited her back here to hang out, that okay?" I ask them. They shrug and nod, while Alex just glares at her.

"Great!"