Chapter 9

(Devon's POV)

We all awkwardly sit in the kitchen. The tension level is high. Ivy likes Ryan. Alex likes me. That's all that is going through my mind right now. I'm pretty sure E News or MTV is all over this. I haven't bothered checking my social media accounts. But due to the constant vibrating of my phone, I know it's about us.

I look over at Alex, who is looking down. She is playing with her fingers nervously. Skylar huffs as she looks between the love triangle, square or whatever the fuck you want to call it. Leon is standing next to Skylar with his arms cross. Ryan is sitting on the stool next to me with his head buried in his arms. Ivy and Alex are sitting on the kitchen counter next to each other. And me? I'm sitting here tracing patterns on the counter.

I'm not going to let this get to me. My emotions are shut down. And they'll stay that way.

"Well," I break the silence. "Hi." Ryan grunts in response. In then goes back to the awkward silence. Curiosity gets the best of me. I stand up, startling everyone. I walk to the living room and turn the TV on. The others follow me as we watch the TV.

"Yesterday on a live stream, Ivy and Alex confessed there celebrity crushes! Ivy's is Ryan while Alex's is Devon! I can only imagine what is going on in that house right now! But the video of Devon and Alex proof that they're dating?"

I turn the TV off and throw it on the couch. I run a hand down my face in stress.

"What are we going to do, Devon?" Skylar asks me.

"Why are you asking me?" I ask her.

"I don't know! You always have the solutions and answers! And plus you're the person they're talking about!" Skylar responds.

"What about Ivy, Alex and Ryan? Why can't they come up with some answers for once? It's always Devon this or Devon that. God damn Skylar, I'm sick of babying this whole fucking group!" I snap. I storm off, leaving them shocked. I grab my leather jacket and car keys. I walk out of the house, only to be bombarded by Paparazzi. The group chases after me but stops once they see the Paparazzi.

"Is it true that you and Alex are dating?" One of them asks me and takes a picture. Microphones are all up in my face, making my fist clench. I stop walking and take a deep breath. They keep shoving each other, pushing me.

"God damn it! Don't you have someone better to bother? Like your love ones or some shit? You low life people ruin our lives by taking information and making it fucking false! Get the fuck off of our property before I call the fucking police!" I scream. Everybody stops what they're doing and stares at me. My nostrils flare as I look at them. It's silent before the flashing of cameras start again.

"No wonder you don't have a damn girlfriend! You have anger issues!" One of them shouts. I notice the band and Ivy and Alex staring at us. I push my way through the crowd and reach the one who said that. I grab him by his collar and push him up against the wall of our house. I punch him the nose without warning. Blood starts pouring out of his nose. Citizens and Paparazzi are recording this incident, but that doesn't stop me.

He drops to the floor. I get on his waist so I'm straddling him. I repeatedly punch him in the jaw and eye. I let all my anger out on this man. The confusion on why my parents didn't love me anymore, I'm taking it all out on him. I pour my emotions into punching him.

Someone pulls me off of him. I struggle to get out of the strong grip. I look up and see it's Ryan holding me back. I look at my knuckles and see them bloody. I shrug out of Ryan's grip and walk back inside, storming by the band, Ivy and Alex.

Alex has a shocked look on her face as I pass her. I storm up to my room and slam the door shut. I lock it and walk into the attached bathroom. I look at myself in the reflection. My knuckles are red and bloody. I turn on the cold water and run my knuckles under it. I bite my lip as it stings. I wipe the blood away. My breathing is heavy as I try to calm down.

I don't know what happened. I just snapped. I used my anger out on him. I didn't mean too, it just happened. I'm pretty sure this is already on the news and shit. I know for a fact that I'll be getting a call from Sarah soon.

Oh the joy of Sarah.

I grab my notebook and pen. I then start writing a new song.

~~~

I walk downstairs with my notebook in my hand. I walk into the living room. Everyone stops and stares at me.

"I wrote a new song. I actually would like to play it. Let's give it a go, yeah?" I suggest. I'm acting like nothing happened, and that's a good thing. I hand Skylar my notebook. She skims over the lyrics. She then hands it to Leon, who does the same, along with Ryan. He hands it back to me and nods. Ivy and Alex stare at me. I lock eyes with Alex, but I quickly look away.

Ryan sets up the camera as Ivy and Alex get out of the view. He starts the camera and we all get in our positions.

"Hey guys. This song is uh, I wrote it myself. I hope you guys like it. It's called Pray." I say to the camera.

I was raised in a house with a dark cloud over it I just wanted to get out and see the sun again But no matter where I went, it followed me around I guess it's just my luck, forever

[Chorus:] So I pray for the day that the rain will come and wash away All the pain that I face It's getting way too hard to take I'll run away, run away, run away It's getting way too hard to take I'll run away

It's always me versus myself and it's always in my mind And the saddest part of all is knowing it won't die I have gotten close with pain like a blade across my skin But the scars, they still remain forever

[Chorus] My past seems to haunt me My future is blurry My addictions, they taught me No matter what happens but I'm not sorry for the things I've done They made me the person I am now It made me the person I am now

[Chorus 2x] But I'm not sorry But I'm not sorry

Ivy stops the camera. Alex and Ivy stare at us in awe. Alex takes the chip out and hands it to me. I smile softly at her. I put the chip into the laptop that's on the coffee table. I upload the video and send a heads up on Twitter.

"You wrote that?" Alex asks me as we sit down on the couch.

"Yeah," I softly speak. "Do you like it?" I ask.

"Yeah." Alex says in a low whisper.