Chapter 27

(Devon's POV)

We just finished our first concert. It was fantastic! I love the adrenaline that the fans give me. I just love making their day by singing to them. Music expresses that they're not alone, that somewhere else around the world, someone is going through the same thing.

Just being there for the fans makes me excited and happy. I know every musician says that, but it's true! If you were in our shoes you'd understand how it feels.

I get out of the shower. I put on some sweatpants and a hoodie. Alex isn't here yet. I don't know where she is, but I trust her.

I notice my phone is blowing up on Twitter. I sigh and dry my hair with my towel before taking my phone. I unlock it and go on Twitter. 

Alex spotted with pop-star Jeremey Wilson today! They supposedly went out to lunch together. During so they were holding hands..and Alex gave him a kiss on the cheek? Devon Swift was at sound check, getting ready for the concert during all of this! Is this a beginning of a new relationship?

There is a picture of Alex standing on her tippy toes kissing him on the cheek, along with them holding hands.

 (A/N: Fake superstar. just using name for the story babes)

I furrow my eyebrows and put my phone down. Alex then comes in smiling. Paparazzi are fake, this is fake. They'll do anything for a story. There is nothing here for me to worry about. It's just Alex and I. She loves me, not Jeremey.

"Hey! You did great at the concert!" Alex smiles, wrapping her arms around me.

"Thanks, I was thinking about you the whole time." I mummer, putting my head in her hair. That is true, I was thinking about her a lot. I let got of her and sit down on the bed, my back against the headboard. Alex climbs onto my lap so she's straddling me. She starts kissing my neck.

"Can we not..I'm tired." I sigh as she continues. Alex frowns and pulls away.

"Yeah." She gets off of my lap and lays down next to me.

"I love you." I mumble, pulling her into me. I wrap my arms around her waist.

"I love you too." She responds, closing her eyes.

~~~

"No, I'm not worried about Jeremey, Skylar. I trust her, okay?" I tell Skylar. She hasn't stopped bugging me about Jeremey and Alex. Isn't trust number one in a relationship or something?

Right now we're on our tour bus. It has all of our faces on it, and let me tell you, it's fucking awesome. My bunk is in the middle on the top, across from Alex's.

Alex is out right now, along with the others. It's just Skylar and I here, sitting down watching TV and talking.

"But he's a damn player, Dev! He might make a move!" Skylar exclaims.

"Yes, he might. But Alex is smart enough not to fall for it. I trust her and I love her." I say for the 1000th time. She won't stop bugging me about it, it's fucking annoying.

"I know-I'm just worried about it." Skylar mumbles.

"Sky, you have nothing to worry about, okay? I'll be fine. And trust is important in a relationship, even I know this. I trust Alex not to cheat on me." I reply.

"Okay," Skylar sighs. "You're right, I'm sorry."

I smile at her and stand up. I walk to the kitchen and grab an orange. I peel it and throw the orange peels away. I walk back to the couch next to Skylar.