Chapter 42

(Devon's POV)

My eyes flutter open as I look over, expecting to see Alex. But she isn't there. I sigh and run a hand through my hair as I sit up. I check my watch, seeing that it's 8:02 AM. I get out of her bunk, landing on my two feet.

I quickly put on black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, my leather jacket and combat boots. I brush my hair and teeth.

I walk out and go into the lounge, where everyone else is. I lock eyes with Alex as I sit down next to Skylar.

"Can't believe this bullshit about you and Miley." Leon mumbles as he stares at the TV.

I raise an eyebrow and avert my eyes from Alex to the TV.

"Devon Swift and Miley Cyrus. Are they the newest couple, or is this just another 'fling'? Devon is known for flings and using girls for sex-but that wasn't the case for Alex. Has Swift already moved on from Alex? How about Miley? What does she think about all of this?"

I sigh and frown, pulling out my phone. I log onto Twitter.

@DevonProposalTillTwelve: Okay, the rumors about Miley and I are NOT true. We are ONLY friends. Taylor introduced us on tour and we all hung out-so there isn't anything going on. And you all know my heart is set out for one girl-Alex. And I swear to god, if any of you think another human being can replace Alex, you're dead wrong. And what part of 'I have changed' does E! News not understand? I swear, you Paparazzi do anything for a story-and I'm pretty sure numerous of celebrities can understand too. So fuck off. 

I enter the tweet, putting my phone in my lap. In minuets I get retweets and favorites, along with hate-but fuck the haters! The band, Ivy and Alex retweet and favorite my tweet.

"You tell em', Devon!" Ivy cheers me on as she puts her phone up.

"It's like they can't get that I have my eyes out for one person through their thick fucking skull." I mumble, standing up. "I'm going for a smoke."

I walk out of the tour bus, shutting the door behind me. I lean up against the tour bus. I grab my cigarette's and lighter out of my pocket, lighting one. I put it in-between my lips as I put my lighter and box back into my leather jacket pocket.

Even if I did have a fling with Miley, like I said, she isn't my type, so I wouldn't. I mean-sure she's hot and all, but she just doesn't..appeal to me. Yeah! I think the only person that appeals to me now is Alex. Shit, I sound like a middle age mom on facebook drinking wine.

Facebook. I don't even have one of those anymore. Especially since that has been invaded by 40 year old mother's, drinking wine that has a kid or more, with a mini-van, their kids playing sports, posting shit about minions from Despicable Me.

I mean, I loved that movie, as in past tense. I think the people of Facebook ruined that for me. So I deleted my Facebook account and stuck to Twitter and Instagram. At least on their the middle age mothers are clueless to what they are.

I put my cigarette, stomping on it. I sigh as I walk back into the tour bus. The sight before me is nothing new. Ryan and Ivy next to each other, making lovey-dovey eyes at each other, Leon on his phone-probably texting Alice. Skylar and Alex just helplessly watching the two, or on their phone or watching TV.

Today we have nothing, just a day to relax. The tour is almost over, probably a couple more weeks to go. I can't wait to go home and snuggle up into my bed and sleep. I can't wait just to be home. Where I can walk freely around in my underwear with no care in the world.

I mean, sure I can walk around here in my underwear, but what if someone comes onto the tour bus? Then what, huh? They can pull my underwear down, showing my butt off-which I wouldn't like.

Alex nods to the kitchen, telling me to go. I sigh and walk into the kitchen, sitting on the counter, waiting for Alex. She walks in and leans against the wall, staring at me.

"So," I start. "Last night.."

Alex sighs and looks down, then back up to me.

"I meant what I said," She admits. "I miss you and I love you."

"Then why not say yes? That's what I don't get. You say you miss and love me, but you say no when you could already be mine." I explain.

"I-urg-I don't know, I don't know what I want! I'm confused!" Alex throws her hands up in the air.

"What? I'm just an experiment for you? Cause' if so, then fuck no, Alex." I scoff.

"No-no! I didn't mean it like that! I mean, I'm just confused about.." Alex trails off, not knowing what to say.

"Go figured." I dryly laugh, hopping off of the counter. "Just, don't come crying to me when you get your heart fucking broke." I shake my head, walking past her into the lounge with tears in my eyes. I sit down next to Skylar, my arms crossed as tears streak down my cheeks.

"What happened?" Skylar asks, taking her eyes off the TV to me. Leon is occupied, along with Ivy and Ryan.

"Apparently, she's fucking confused. It's like-like I'm just some damn experiment to her!" I exclaim. Alex still hasn't came out of the kitchen-so I'm guessing she's still in there, thinking or some shit.

"She loves you, Devon." Skylar sighs, making me scoff.

"Really? I do recall this-though. She kissed Jeremy the day after we first had sex. Does that say anything? No, it screams something. It screams that she only used me." I laugh bitterly. Leon is now tuned into the conversation, his phone in his lap as he stares at us.

"She's just curious.." Leon trails off.

"Yeah! Well fuck that then. She should've known not to mess with people's feelings, it fucking hurts." I mumble.

"You're a damn hypocrite." Alex says, coming out of the kitchen. "I mean, you toyed with people's feelings. You made them feel pathetic and useless."

"Yeah? Well at least I informed them about it before we had sex. But people don't listen, Alex. And you and I both know-hell, everyone knows, that I've changed. So why can't people shut the hell up about that?" I ask, raising my voice.

"Have you really changed, Devon?" Alex challenges.

"Are you fucking serious?" I shout, all attention on me now. "Of course I fucking changed. I haven't been with a girl since you, Alex. Does that say anything? I mean-at least when we were together I stopped smoking. I stopped smoking for YOU, Alex. But, you're just to blind to see that. If you wanted sex and sex only you should've told me. God damn it! I mean-let's face it, that's all I'm good for, right? Sex sex sex! That's my middle name!"

It goes silent after my outburst. Tears make their way down my face as I stare at Alex. Anger boils through me. I stand up and punch the wall repeatedly, not caring who's watching. I slide down the wall, my fist bloody.

"..Fuck you Alex.." I mumble before closing my eyes.

Fuck you, Alex. Just fuck you.