In his arms

Elliot Ellis's POV
I wake up in Noah's lap, his hand resting on my stomach. I look behind to see him slowly opening his eyes.
Noah: Good morning sleepy head.
I turned to face him. 
Ellis: Good morning.
Noah: Let's get ready.
We got up from the bed. I opted to wear an oversized sweater with leggings.
Maid: Buongiorno, vostra maestà. la colazione è sul tavolo da pranzo. Se hai bisogno di aiuto, sentiti libero di chiedermelo.(Good Morning, your Majesty.Breakfast is on the dining table. If you need any help, feel free to ask me.)
Noah: huh?
Ellis: She said, " Good Morning, your Majesty. Breakfast is on the dining table. If you need any help, feel free to ask her".
Noah: Oh. You are pretty good at Italian.
Ellis: I learned Italian before English.
Noah: Is Italian your mother language?
Ellis: Maybe.
The days passed quickly, and I was captivated by Italy and its people. It was a new and enriching experience for me.
Author's POV
(It was the last day in Italy)
Noah: Have you seen Elliot? I hadn't seen her since morning.
Osman: She went to the Imperial Library in the morning.
Noah: (Her and her love for libraries.) When will she return?
Osman: She just said, she is going to the Imperial Library. Nothing else.
Noah: Any plans for the day?
Osman: We can go to the Artifact Exhibition.
Noah: That is a good idea. 
(Noah calls Ellis)
 .....................................................................
Ellis: Hello? (on phone)
Noah: Good morning. Where are you?
Ellis: Good morning. I am at the library.
Noah: When will you return?
Ellis: I will return before 7 pm.
Noah: That is a long time.
Ellis: If you have any plans, you can go.
Noah: Are you sure?
Ellis: Yes. 
Noah: Okay. See you soon.
Ellis: Bye.
 ...........................................................................                                   
Noah: let's go then. 
At the Exhibition,
Noah: This place is great. There are all kinds of Artifacts.

In the Iunch time.
For lunch, they visited a charming local trattoria. The aroma of freshly baked bread and simmering sauces filled the air as they enjoyed a traditional Italian meal. Noah relished the simplicity and authenticity of the food, a welcome change from the formal dinners he was accustomed to.

Afternoon at the Winery
In the afternoon, they toured a renowned winery. The winemaker guided them through grape harvesting, fermentation, and ageing. Noah was fascinated by the meticulous craftsmanship and dedication required to produce high-quality wine. They sampled various vintages, each sip offering a taste of the region's rich history and culture.

Evening Reflection
Noah and Osman returned to the mansion as the day drew to a close. They sat on the terrace, overlooking the vineyards, and reflected on the day's achievements. The sky turned shades of pink and orange as the sun set, casting a serene glow over the landscape.
Osman: This day was quite productive. I think you have learned a lot about various things
Noah: Indeed. This trip has been invaluable. The people, the culture, the opportunities – it's all very inspiring.
(Someone rings the bell)
Noah: Finally Elliot!
Ellis: Hello.
Noah: What... happened? Are you okay?
Ellis: Yes. I am fine.
She smiled but Noah knew something was wrong.
Ellis: Well... I am going to shower.
(She leaves)
Noah: Do you think she is okay?
Osman: Not by her expression.
Noah: Maybe she is tired.
Osman: Maybe.
At the Airport,
Noah could sense Ellis's sadness through her silence. It was as if someone or something was slowly eating away at her from the inside. Her usually bright eyes seemed dull, and her laughter had lost its usual spark. Noah tried to ask her about it multiple times, gently prodding to understand what was troubling her. Each time, she gave him the same response, "I'm fine," accompanied by a forced smile that didn't reach her eyes.
He noticed the little things: the way she would stare off into the distance, the sighs that escaped her when she thought no one was listening, and the slight tremor in her hands when she was deep in thought. It pained him to see her like this, to see her battling whatever demons she faced alone. He wanted to help, to be her rock, but she kept pushing him away, putting up walls that he struggled to breach.
Determined not to give up, Noah started paying even closer attention, hoping to find clues in her behaviour that might reveal the source of her pain. He wanted her to know that she didn't have to face this alone, that he was there for her, ready to support her no matter what. But for now, all he could do was be patient and let her know through his actions that he cared deeply, hoping that one day, she would trust him enough to share her burdens.
Finally, they reached their destination in the dead of night.