III

"i know everything seems scary right now, but it's going to be okay" i nodded my head, letting out another breath

i nodded my head, letting out another breath.

————

"cause we were built for the long haul, freight train"

————

part 2 summary (just incase you forgot about what all happened):
luka goes after gianna, asking is she's okay but she doesn't want to talk about it. gianna is in charge of vaccines.
later, luka and gianna transport a patient up to the roof. this is when romano gets his arm cut off.
gianna is left alone with susan and a patient. he dies.
later, gianna is sitting outside with luka, they kiss.
gianna and susan go on vacation.
they arrive back in chicago after the hospital reopens.
gianna is pissed at carter.
later, carter hosts a walkout. he asked why gianna came out, and she makes everything civil (still upset, but is trying to let it go)
gianna and luka sleep together!!
after halloween, luka becomes a big problem with the nursing staff, gianna has to "lecture" him. (we all know thag what means).
gianna and lukas relationship continues to progress.
they make things official.
on christmas, luka drinks too much, having to show up hung over (everyone is thanks to susan's christmas party). everyone now knows about their relationship and are happy.
luka spirals, misdiagnosing a patient and then getting into a car crash.
this leads to his depression spiral.
abby and carter on the other hand, are happy as can be.
luka says he needs a break (disappears for a week).
gianna (almost spirals) works all the shifts she can, covering for abby (uh oh she's it good now, her brother is missing).
luka comes back and gianna and him are better than ever.
lukas depression is still high. he's really down when he's at work. this has effected his performance and confidence with practicing medicine.
carter proposes to abby.
luka gets in contact with a old friend from croatia who needs his help.
abby is mad at luka for talking about going to africa with carter..
luka successfully gets corday on board to get this croatian boy to chicago.
they operate, and it goes successfully.
luka goes to africa.
now, gianna is the one in a rut.
she's feeling lonely, and misses luka.
carter goes to africa.
carter comes back from africa, telling gianna that luka is dead.