Ch. 17

-Maddys pov-

Me and Sam have been getting along really well....I wonder if he is going to do something.

Maddy- Hey bae
Sam- Starbucks?
Maddy- You read my mind.
Sam- Yay!!!
Maddy- Ok little kid I'll see you in 5.

I grabbed my purse and walked to Starbucks.

As I was walking I heard shots fired.
Everyone screamed and my ears rang.
I got a text as I was running down the sidewalk.

Sam- I see you stop running.
Maddy- Ok.

I stopped running and I felt sam hold my hand and calmly walk down the sidewalk.

"The shots were up here. We'll be there before the cops so we can find the person." He said with a smile.

"Sam. That's completely dangerous. And I don't know about you but I want to live." I said scared. I pulled him into Rue 21 and we took cover.

We heard no sirens.

I heard shots fired into the window in our store. I cried. Sam covered my mouth. I held him.

"Maddy....we need to get further back there. I see the guy walking over." Sam whispers.

I shook my head ok.

We were army crawling to a supply closet. There was a lock inside the door. There was another girl in there.

"Shh....he is in the store." Sam mouthed to us. I was still attached to him. He got up and unlocked the door. I stood up with him. "P-please don't leave. I don't w-want you to get hurt." I said shaky. He shook his head ok. He locked the door and as soon as he did the knob wiggled.

"I know youre in there." This raspy voice said. Some reason I recognize that voice.

**flashback**

I was hiding with Matthew in our closet as our dad directed. He locked it. I heard shots and sirens. Screams were coming from our parents room.

Footsteps on the wooden floor were on the way to the closet.

"I know you're in there." The person said.

"HANDS UP! DROP YOUR WEAPON! ON THE GROUMD!!" I heard while Matthew was cradling me in his arms.

**end of flashback**

The murderer of my parents. He escaped. I heard sirens .

I got my phone out and open a knife at the top. This is why I always have this case on. I unlocked the door and Sam took my hand. I sat back down.

The door opened. There he was.

He had the gun pointed to me. That smug smile was on his hideous face.

My phone was hidden. He put the gun down and lifted my face. He bent down to my face. I jerked my face back.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY GIRL!" Sam yelled he put him in a choke hole and I took the knife and scratched his face. No stabbing yet..

"Sam let go real quick. Hold him down though" I said .

He did as said.

I held his face hard.

"You killed my parents." He smiled. I let go of him and smacked his cheek where the cut was. He winced in pain.

"You will suffer." He bit my finger. I missed at sam and cried cause my finger was now bleeding. I finally heard sirens. Sam opened the door with the guy in a choke hole just not squeezing.

I walked out and found them putting the guy in handcuffs. I whispered to the young cop.

"You might wanna put him in a rehabilitation center or a box where he can't escape. Or somewhere where he can't kill the rest of my family." He nodded and put him in the car.

I ran to sam and hugged him tightly. He did the same.

"You're mine forever. I will never let go." He said to me. I relaxed and let a tear slip. We were now....a thing.

"Can you take me to my hotel?" I said looking at him with sad eyes.

He nodded and we walked hand in hand there. When we got to the door I heard yelling. Hayes. I stopped sam from knocking.

"Where the hell is she?!" I heard him yell. I unlocked the door and walked in . before I did I kissed Sam bye.

I saw him turn towards the door. He jogged to me and kissed me. I felt hot tears running down his cheek. I didn't kiss back. I pushed him off.

"Hayes I can't. I'm with sam." I walked past him and hugged Cam. He obviously knew what happened and hugged me so tight.

"Are you okay?!" He asked. I nodded.

"He was the murderer of my parents. I have to tell Matthew." I said . I pulled him to come with me.

What will he think?

•••••