Ch. 20

-Maddy's pov-

As I was about to put my books in my locker and leave for the bus I heard the intercom.

#MADDY ESPINOSA PLEASE REPORT TO THE OFFICE. MADDY ESPINOS PLEASE REPORT TO THE OFFICE.#

I rolled my eyes and slowly made my way to the devils cage. I know. I used to be called the gg. But whatever.

"I was called?" I said trying to act enthused.

"Back there." Mrs. Lathrens said.

I walked back and saw Mr. Clair.

"Yes sir?" I asked walking in.

"I have to discuss a problem brought up to me." He started. "A girl....in your grade brought to my attention you have cyber-bullied her while in lunch on a texting site. I have her phone right here and I'll be glad to show you." He took a pause by rummiging through his desk.

I spoke up.

"Sir. My phone broke last week. My mom took it to the repair shop. I haven't been on it. I have no clue what you're talking about." I said gesturing my hands.

"Well I have proof here that it happened yesterday at 12:31. I'll read the conversation to you unless you want to read it yourself." He said holing the phone in my face. I took it. "OK that's fine. Take your time." He added. I looked at the texts. It was a guy.

Drake Matthews? Who in the hell is he?

(FM is fake me. D is obvi drake)

FM- Your a whore. All you do is go around and sleep with girls. I have a feeling you'd want to fuck me too?

What the fuck?!

D- Uhm Maddy I don't know what you're talking about. I would never do that to you!!

FM- Watch your back because you will never know what's coming from me. You'll get payback.

Payback from what?!

D- From? Maddy stop. Guys have feelings too. That hurt.

FM- Bitch. Stop faking it. We know who you are.

D- no reply.

That was the end of the convo. I started to tear up. I never did this.

"S-sir....I have no clue who Drake Matthews is! I don't even use this app, TextNow. Uhm...see you can check my phone." I said showing him the list of apps I downloaded.

"Snapchat, Instagram, twitter, Kik,etc." He said to himself.

"I'll show you my contact list!! Drake isn't in it either!" I said clicking my contacts app.

"Okay...Chad G., John, Sophia, D.D, Hayes, Nash, Sam, Kian, etc." He said again to himself.

"Plus. There isn't any guy enrolled in my classes named Drake Matthews." I said shaking. This could be brought to police men. I wouldn't know what to say if it did.

"Miss. Espinosa. I'm sure of it that he is. But I can't let you suffer for something you didn't do. But stay here and he will be here in one minute. Ok? We will sort this out." I shook my head and sunk in my seat.

He went to the phone and the office door opened. Hayes walked in.

"Hey. Why you in here?" He said. I dont know why he's acting like my friend....he said he didn't want to be my friend.

"I got accused of Cyber-bullying." I said looking down at my shoes.

"Did you do it? The Maddy I know wouldn't do it." He said lifting up my chin.

"No. I'm sure that I didnt. Do you know a Drake Matthews in our classes??" I asked turning my head.

"Yeah he's the 2nd quaterback in case I get hurt. Which will never happen." He said. I laughed. I also sat there in confusion.

"Why have I never seen him. Every football guy goes to girl events like softball games. That's weird." He looked at me and stared.

"He....his mom doesn't let him go anywhere except for school." He said snapping back into reality.

"Oh. Ok."

"Miss. Espinosa. He can't make it but we will speak tomorrow." He said. I nodded and hayes stood up with me.

"Wanna walk together? I have something to show you." He said holding his arm out to hold.
"Sure. Where?" I asked grabbing his arm.

"Its a surprise." He said looking down at me with a smile.

•••••

So sorry its short again!!

Comment what you think it is!!

-Hannah