Ch. 47

-Hayes' pov-

Forget the past.

You lived it.

You grasped onto it...but now you let go.

It's the past.

Don't think of it.

Just think of the present.

But you've screwed up more than one time in the present.

OH WELL!

The fuck with it.

.....

-Sams pov-

I moved back up to North Carolina to see Nash and all the guys.

But more Maddy than anything..

I remember when we were little when we used to go to the batting cages and always pretend like we were famous ball players.

I miss it. I need it back...

Maddy gave me her new address a while back so today im driving and visiting her.

As I pulled up I noticed it was an apartment.

**knock**

"Yo Sam!" Hayes said opening the door. I was the bit confused.

"Maddy here?" I asked him seeing feet run down the stairs. They led up to a very beautiful woman....holy shit that's Maddy.

"Yeah...Maddy Sams here." He said.

"Hayes can you go pick up breakfast at the doughnut place?" She asked him.

"Mhhm." He got his keys and kissed her forehead and left.

"Come in." She said. I nodded and came in.

"So. Long time no see." She said smiling.

"Last time I saw you, you were only 15...now youre 16...wow...a year." I laughed and looked at the table.

"Yeah...now...about why im living here with Hayes..." I looked up in shock. Shes younger than me and has her own house?

"Wait....with Hayes? I though you'd pick a girl as a friend... not him..." I said with a stern look on my face.

"Well...he is my boyfriend... and he did give me a promise ring." She said examining the ring.
"Well, go ahead and marry him then." I said standing up.

"Sam! Calm down. Youre older than me...I suggest you stop acting like a child." She said standing up as well. She was getting teary eyed.

"Me? Acting like a child??" I asked and laughed. I rubbed my nose. "To be honest youre the one acting like the child here." I said looking her straight in the eyes, as if I was sucking her soul out of her body.

"Sam. Don't do this. Okay? If you're mad I didn't wait for you well, I really cant do much now..." She said leaning on the chair.

"Maybe....Maybe I am sad...not mad that you didn't wait. We were a perfect match. Why cant you see that you and Hayes have too much conflict in a relationship? Me and you were....good." I said moving closer.

"If you're talking about when we were younger...then I don't know what you're talking  about." She said looking away biting her lip.

"Yeah you do...Remember those last words I said that night? Before kissing you on the lips for the first time? We were standing on the ball field." She shook her head and started crying.

"Sam no." I took her and faced towards me and spoke softer.

"And I winked at you and I was catcher and you were pitcher...you accidently hit my balls...but you laughed so hard. You laughed so hard....you snorted." I laughed. "You looked up in shock and started to laugh again. I just stood there smiling at you. Remember what happened?" He shook her head no and put her head in her hands and kept crying.

"No...Sam stop." She said loud.

"Shhhh. Look at me." She finally looked and I kept going. "I kissed you. You blushed like crazy. And I wish that one day. We'd get to do it again. And you having the same reaction would be my dream." I said I took her face and I kissed her long and hard.

"Maddy I-" Hayes walked in.

"Remember what I said?" She shook her head no.

"Sam. What the fuck?" He held my shoulder. I walked back.

"I said 'See you at the cages.'" I walked out and headed over to Matts.

.....

-Maddy's pov-

"Maddy...what just happened?" Hayes asked holding the bag of doughnuts. I stood there in disbelief.

"I-I don't know." I said and sat down and started to ball my eyes out.

.....