Ch. 26

-Hayes' pov-

I woke up in my bed and I remembered last night.

I laid back and just smiled....until I got a call in an unknown number.

Me-Hello?
Unknown-Why aren't you at school babe?
Me-Excuse me? Who is this?
Unknown-Haily! I'm your girlfriend silly!!
Me-You wish. Me and Maddy are together. Sorry but I have to go...and aren't you in English?

Then I hung up. I remembered my bag was still at school. At least all I had was my English book.

My locker had nothing important.

Oh well..

Babe- Morning babe! Come downstairs. I heard you talking.

I laughed and put shorts on and went down stairs.

I saw the back of Maddy's head on the couch so I jumped over the back and sat down. I kissed her cheek and put my arm around her.

"Whatcha watching?" I asked looking at the TV that was quickly changed from Spongebob to sportcenter.

"Sports center." She said laughing and changed it back.

"I know you hate that..." I said looking at her blue eyes. They looked red.

"You have beautiful eyes Hayes." She said. I smiled.

"You used to but their all red. Why?" I asked.

She looked down and played with my hand.

"Maddy what's wrong?" I said lifting her chin.

She sucked in her lips and closed her eyes.

"Maddy tell me." I said now getting concerned.

She let out a sign and started, "Matt got an offer to be in a movie. No one else was good enough and Matt got the part. His manager said he couldnt take anyone with him on the trip. But the thing is it isn't near here. Its all the way across the country in California. So he is leaving me at the house all alone for at least 9 months. He also said Nash was going to. And I thought you already knew and I didn't want to explain to you again and I....I just don't know about him leaving. It hurts to know that I won't see my brother in 9 months." She said at me and speeding up at the end.

"He told me already. My mom and dad took sky to go stay with Elizabeth and they were planning on going on a adult vacation. So they were also going to leave me. They are leaving me 1,000 dollars....how much did Matt leave you?" I asked taking her hands.

"Same amount." She said.

"Hey they're leaving tomorrow so why don't you go and pack up and and meet back at my house and we will chill do a YouTube video....whatever you want. But I want you to be happy." I said smiling. She laughed and nodded. I wiped her tears away and kissed her cheek.

"And I promise. I won't do anything to make you uncomfortable." I said hugging her. She sobbed and laughed and went to her house.

I could already tell...if I screw up once....these last few months alone are going to be a trainreck.

•••••

Sorry for updating late...

I had company over and yeah. Today I also had to pick up sticks in my pasture for my mom to mow....so yeah..

-Hannah