Ten || Decisions

Kyla's POV

I killed them.

I killed them all.

They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women, and the children too.

They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals.

I hate them!

Stay with me, mom...

Just help me save Padmé's life.

Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever.

I can even learn to stop people from dying!

No, I promise you.

Stop! Don't kill him!

What have I done...

My head aches with a pain I've never felt before. A stinging pain, affecting all sides and sections of my head, my brain, my skull, and then finding its way down to my heart and paralyzing my limbs down to the tip of the bones. It stung like a thousand knives striking me at the speed of light, a guilt weighing my shoulders down like I was lifting heavy weights on both of them, an equal weight. The darkness that surrounded me in my barrack was no help; it made the voices louder.

All I could hear now, was Master Skywalker's symbolic tone of voice, mixed into dozens of combinations of sentences and words he's said before. Things he's said out of agony, fear, hatred. His voice swirls around me, hiding me from the rest of the galaxy. I press my hands over my ears to stop the voices but to my dismay, nothing happens, and the voices continue, getting louder and louder.

It's all Obi-Wan's fault. He's jealous! He's holding me back!

Jealousy and lust for power reel me in. They enclose me, threatening to take over my future. I can't resist the desire to be all powerful... I want to show the galaxy what I'm capable of. And Master Skywalker clearly isn't letting me show this off. When I thought about it, I was in the same situation as Master Skywalker and his former master, Master Kenobi. Obi-Wan might've been jealous of Anakin's increasing power; before he got recognized for it. Before the Chancellor tried to seize Anakin's powers.

I wasn't going to let that happen to me. I was going to take full advantage of what I knew I was capable of and I was going to use these capabilities to the final extent, whether the consequences were good or bad.

With my childhood and my family's past, I deserved a future that I believed was best for me, and I truly lusted for power, for reign, for authority. I was destroying myself by thinking these things, by clarifying what I wanted and what I knew I would receive. Listening to my thoughts in my head made my stomach churn and my heart sink - I wasn't who I thought I was. I thought I could help save my brother and father from slavery one day - but my father was a liar. He damned my future and set this up for me, that evil bastard. And my brother, my clueless older brother, has no idea what it truly means to be powerful. What it means to be a liar, a traitor, a betrayer.

So I did what I had to do.

And I've cried myself to sleep every night since because of it.

Master Skywalker has encouraging words that he thinks are there to help. Nothing he can say will help me. I'm a doomed, saddened female Jedi with no promising future unless I make one for myself. And there isn't much I can do.

Master Skywalker always reminds me of how much power I hold and how I can bend and use that power any way I choose.

As I watch my days go by, my dark thoughts increasing with every move I make, I think I've finally figured out what would sincerely be good for me. I've finally uncovered the truth, the sick truth that not a soul shares with anyone for certain purposes.