Twelve || Respect The Fallen

Narrator's POV

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood in the shattered window frame of the far window of the little padawan's apartment, his blue lightsaber clashed and standing strong against Kyla Valero's. The two blades of blue light reflected strongly onto Anakin Skywalker's sweated skin, standing a good distance away. The ear-splitting sound of the blades being pressed together filled Anakin's ears; the sight before him made his heart sink within him. He couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. Where were Master Klavis and Master Windu?

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan groans, his power weakening as Kyla stood feet from him, teeth gritted and fists clenched around the holster of her lightsaber, pressing it further and further into Obi-Wan's, pressuring to kill him. "Anakin - help - me!" Obi-Wan's knees were buckling beneath him, about to collapse.

Anakin surveys the room, his eyes wandering wherever they could reach. An injured Master Mace Windu leans against a countertop, a hand missing, cracked lightsaber at his feet.

Master Nicolai Klavis' dead body lie only a few feet from Anakin, a familiar hole through his heart, put there by Kyla's favored deadly weapon she now wielded. Anakin stares at the body, horror pushing itself up through his veins.

History actually was repeating itself - this was nearly the same scene as the arrest attempt on Chancellor Palpatine many months ago - that resulted in his death.

"I can't kill her!" yells Anakin to a struggling Obi-Wan. "She's my padawan!"

Obi-Wan doesn't have the strength to turn his focus to Anakin. His mind is set on arresting and destroying the padawan before him, her strength only growing at his weaknesses.

"You failed me!" Kyla's wretched and twisted voice screams to Anakin, who watches in terror. She turns slightly, and he catches a split-second glimpse of her bright, yellow eyes. "I will become more powerful than you will ever be! I am the Chosen One!"

"For the use of the Jedi, not the Sith! You swore they were your enemy, not your ally!" Anakin's voice cracks as he fights off an impending sob, threatening to take its way into his body. "We were the Chosen Ones, together! Not divided by good and evil!"

"You are evil! The Jedi are evil! The Sith reign power, more power than the Jedi will ever have!" With her anger growing, rushing through her veins, she presses her saber into Obi-Wan's, and Anakin watches horridly as his knees buckle, and he collapses against the window frame, his hand releasing his grip on his saber. The saber snaps and fizzes, rolling away from his grip.

"You are beaten," Kyla snarls at Obi-Wan, her saber nearing his neck. Anakin feels tears falling down his cheeks as he watches his padawan slowly walk towards a fallen Obi-Wan, struggling to breathe. "Surrender now. Join me, Obi-Wan. We can begin my Empire, together."

Anakin swallows a lump in his throat as Obi-Wan weakly turns his head towards Anakin and breathes to Kyla, "I will never join you."

"Kyla..." Anakin chokes, slowly walking towards her, "Listen to me. You can't... kill him," he pleads. "Kill me."

"I don't want to kill you, Jedi trash, I want your power, I want more power," snaps Kyla, who retreats at Anakin's words and backs away from Obi-Wan, this allowing him to heftily exhale. Kyla's eyes narrow evilly, the yellow color staring into Anakin's soul. "Are you begging me to kill you?"

"If it means you spare Obi-Wan's life," Anakin sobs, "then yes. Kill me."

"Anakin," croaks a beaten Obi-Wan, "Don't do this."

"I'm sorry, Master," he chokes out, dropping to his knees, lightsaber still ignited. "Kyla, kill me."

Her boots click over to his direction, standing above him. "You're weak," she snaps, practically spitting in his face. "You've taught me nothing. My power belongs to the Sith."