Thirty || An Apprentice

Narrator's POV

While his eyes wondrously scanned over the new planet, Anakin cautiously lands his Starfighter next to Obi-Wan's on one of the grey platforms of the capital of Kamino, a planet known for its cloning technology and graceful inhabitants.

Like always, the planet was stormy and dark, clouded with ominous skies and a heavy downpour that never seemed to cease. For Obi-Wan, whom had been here times before, the planet was just the same as it was going to forever be, and didn't appear as a surprise to him.

For Anakin, the planet was new and different, with surroundings unlike anything he'd witnessed before.

The young Jedi's pale blue eyes widened as they further ventured their fighters into the humid, wet atmosphere of the stormy planet. They approached the capital, where Obi-Wan had deemed most wise for them to visit like he had done times before.

As they landed, Anakin commed to his former Master between their fighters, "Is the weather always like this, Master?"

Obi-Wan, knowing Anakin had never paid a visit to the astray stormy planet, simply laughed into his own comm, lowering his Starfighter to the slippery metal ground of the main central platform beside Anakin. "I'm afraid so, Anakin," he grumbles as he lands, careful not to slide as he puts out the landing gear. He warns, "Be careful of the slippery surface, Anakin."

His former padawan chuckles. "You don't seem to trust the 'best Starpilot in the galaxy' very much," he retorts whimsically as they shut off their comms in sync, having finally landed securely.

Obi-Wan puts his cloak's hood up and pops the hatch to his Starfighter while his astromech droid R4 releases itself from the port as well, lowering to the slippery surface. "Careful, R4," Obi-Wan yells over the heavy rain, thunder and waves toppling and bounding against one another beneath the platforms.

Anakin pops his hatch as well, forgetting to put his hood up. The instant he sticks his head from the hatch and embraces the rain, he reacts, slapping his hood upon his waves of brown hair that were now slightly dampened.

He climbs out of the hatch and motions to his astromech droid R2. "Come on, R2," he yells, slightly taken aback from having to raise his voice over the planet's stormy conditions.

The two Jedi stride across the lit-up grey platform to the sliding airsoft doors straight ahead, followed by their astromech droids that were beeping and tweeting in delight of the new planet. R4 had paid visits with Obi-Wan, but R2 was still adjusting to the surroundings.

As the two Jedi enter the main building, a round-shaped contemporary building lined with shining lights and large windows, the doors slide swiftly shut behind them, bringing an air gust with them. Anakin shutters at the sudden burst of cold, removing his hood.

Obi-Wan starts, removing his hood as well, "Usually the Prime Minister is here to greet me. I suppose he isn't out and about this evening..."

Anakin wraps a lock of his wavy hair around his finger and squeezes it, releasing multiple drops of water onto the white, shiny floor. He does this repeatedly, each time taking a new wave of hair and wringing it out.

Obi-Wan looks over at him, stops, and chuckles.

Anakin stops as well. "What?"

"Nothing," Obi-Wan chuckles. "Come this way. I'm sure the Prime Minister is here somewhere..."

Anakin wrings out one final lock of hair and shakes his head back and forth quickly to rid himself of excess rainwater dampening his hair. I wasn't even in the open that long, he thinks, I guess it's really coming down out there.