Fourteen || Darth Demetrious Rises

Kyla's POV

This was it. I had my army, my army of Clones. I had what I needed to invade the Republic, to take over the Republic. I was going to go to war. I wanted power; I wanted full reign and control. I wanted my Empire to restore the Sith's ultimatum in the galaxy. I wanted my Empire to have control over the entire galaxy. I wanted to make my own laws, to destroy planets at my own will, to lead the galaxy under my own dictatorship, with myself as Emperor.

Everybody always underestimated me. Ever since I was a child on Tatooine, all they ever thought of me was less than I was. I'll show them! I'll kill them! All of them! I'll destroy Tatooine. If it means showing them the power I withhold, I will most certainly proceed in the destruction of that planet. I had encountered too much - too many memories were within the atmosphere of that sand planet. My mother's final screams, father's final begs...

No. I wouldn't let those painful thoughts take the best of me. I was the most powerful being in the galaxy - and I wouldn't be underestimated anymore.

My army was finally complete. Under my control of direction, the Clones are stronger than they've ever found themselves to be. I know they appreciate what I've done for them. I know that, even though they're mindless, easily manipulated beings, they are my army. And they will win this war.

I've got no allies besides them. Nobody I can pull over to my side with me - just yet. Nobody knows the power the Sith truly behold, all the wonders that lie behind the barrier of good and evil - I will rule this galaxy with an iron fist, a strong base, and I'll show them what they're missing out on. I'll have the Jedi pleading on their knees for one last opportunity. I almost had Obi-Wan, one of the Jedi scum that rescued me from the soon-to-be-rubbish Tatooine.

I let him go. I spared his, and Anakin Skywalker's, life. I could've killed them, could've gotten it over with like I did Windu and that Klavis recruit... but I didn't. I figured once my army was complete and the Republic is near surrendering, I'll capture Anakin Skywalker's Force-gifted twin children and use them as bait. It's foolproof - he goes after his missing children, sees them in peril under my control, and falls to the Dark Side in order to spare their precious lives.

I could use his power - almost as strong as mine, and I would never let him overthrow my capabilities. It's almost certain the whole galaxy knows what I'm capable of achieving, and soon they'll know for sure. I could seize both Skywalker and Kenobi for my own good, two strong Jedi Masters under my reign. My power. My authority.

Using Skywalker's children will definitely work. But first, I had to do one thing to launch my entire set of ideas - I had to overthrow the Republic.

I look at my Clone army now, preparing themselves to invade Coruscant and the main Senate buildings. My Clones would win this. They will win this. My Empire will be established with the help of fallen Jedi Knights and Masters, those who are not compatible to my powers but are still within the realms of it.

At last, I'm proud to say Darth Demetrious rises.

- Flashback to when Kyla was Anakin's padawan -

"That's it... you're doing great. Just keep your mind steady, and focused..."

Anakin circles his padawan, her shining blue lightsaber in her grip, deflecting laser rays from a model orb used in padawan instruction. She really was doing a great job, and Anakin was proud of her.

"See! There you go." Anakin chuckles as she deflects the last ray, letting her lightsaber put itself out, back into its holster.

"Was I really that good, Master?" she asks eagerly, spinning on the soles of her boots to face her beaming master behind her.

"I think so," he assures, nodding. "You've really been gaining great progress, Kyla. I couldn't be more proud of you."

She smiles and scoffs at him. "I don't think I was that good, Master. I'm still training myself to clear my mind."

"With time, you'll learn perfectly," he says, walking around her carefully, "I'm still learning myself."

"Well, you're the Chosen One, it should come easy to you Master," she beams, setting her saber back to click into her belt.

"Have you forgotten?" Anakin whirls to face her, shining his straightened teeth in a formed smile. "You are too. We share the prophecy."

"Ah, but you're far more wise than I could ever wish to be, Master."

"And you're far more powerful."

Kyla stops for a second, dead in her tracks. There's a moment's awkward hesitation before she speaks up again. "R - Really? Do you consider me to be that powerful, Master? No, no. That can't be true. You were established as Chosen One nearly a decade before I was. You must be more powerful."

"Sometimes, it's not about who was first." Anakin sighs, folding his hefty arms across his tunic.

"So... I could really be all powerful, Master?" At the sound of this, Kyla's ears perked up. She obviously liked being told she had power.

"I believe you could be. If you use it correctly," he answers surely, nodding at her.

"I - I want to keep learning, Master. Teach me everything I don't already know."

"You know most," he chuckles, nearing her again, "but not everything."

"I want to know everything, Master. Everything you think it would be wise for me to know."

"Hmm... to begin with, your power is used for the Jedi, not the Sith," he says sternly, "that is something you should swear on your life."

Kyla hesitates. She tried to convince herself it wasn't about which side had more power...

She stutters, "I - I swear, Master. My power... belongs to the Jedi." She carefully swallows the lump in her throat and straightens her posture. "All my power - to the Jedi, Master. The light side of the Force."

Lies.

"Good," he nods. "I made that mistake once. I'm awfully glad I swerved myself away, though." He walks past her and to the window of the padawan instruction room at the Temple, gazing out the window like he did often. Sometimes, Kyla wondered what he thought about. At these times, it was hard to resist seeing into his mind, but she knew that particular Mind Trick she had was disrespectful to her master at times like this. At any time, really. She was the only being with that Mind Trick, but she still had to use it wisely, she knew.

After a moment of silence, with Kyla watching him from behind, he speaks again.

"You know, Kyla, I'm really glad you became my padawan. You've taught me things I don't think I could've learned otherwise."

She steps forward, to his side. Without looking at him, she breathes, "Like what, Master?"

"To believe in myself," he answers almost instantly, continuing to watch from the wide windows. "Your pride has given me some of my own. I'm grateful."

She says nothing, her thoughts consuming her. "I - I'm grateful for you, too, Master. I never would've realized my true power without you, and I couldn't have asked for a better Master. You're understanding, you're thoughtful, generous..." Kyla turns to him, looking up at his towering figure, a smile spread across her little padawan face. She wasn't too much younger than Anakin, but he would forever see her as a youngling, whether it was what she wanted or not.

Almost without letting the thought dawn on him, he turns and grabs her in a hug, pressing her face lightly into his dark tunic. "You're a great padawan," he says, "and this is a friendship hug. A hug of a bond that shall never be broken."

"Master and Apprentice," she inhales, "Brought together by a shared prophecy, for the light side of the Force. Here's to forever and always, Master."

Anakin closes his eyes gently and breathes back, "Forever and always, my padawan."