Twenty-Five || Jealous Much?

"All I want is, and all I need is, to find somebody. I'll find somebody like you."

- Kodaline All I Want

Narrator's POV

Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi walked delicately alongside Desmond Valero down the long corridors of the Jedi Temple, making their way to the High Council Chamber. After looking the Jedi up and down, Desmond couldn't help but think that the Jedi looked, and were, figuratively superior next to him; their cloaks drifted calmly behind them, their hefty boots clicked on the tile of the hallways, their lightsabers were clicked securely to their belts.

Desmond adjusted his appearance as they neared the Council Chamber, pulling loosely at his ragged slave clothes, looking at himself insecurely after watching the graceful movements and looks of the Jedi. He knew he could never be one of them; his midi-chlorian level was nonexistent, unlike his sister, and he had no Jedi potential.

In the long run, it made him feel poorly that they were just using him to try and speak to Kyla. After all, he might've been the only thing they could use to try and negotiate with her, but it still made him feel utterly unimportant to the Jedi. Regardless of how he felt, though, he was going to help them.

"You do understand what's to come of this, correct?" Obi-Wan asks Desmond without turning to him as they walk. Desmond uncomfortably sighs.

"Yeah, I suppose so. I mean, I know I have to talk to my sister, but..."

"It won't be that easy," Mace booms, his voice practically echoing down the classy hallway of the Temple, "It won't be easy at all. Even though she is your sister."

"She's changed," Desmond admits, "It's like talking to a completely different person."

At this, Anakin turns and glares at Desmond discreetly. It bothered Anakin that everyone else around him, including her own brother, believed Kyla had changed. Deep down, Anakin knew she wasn't the same person... but it killed him to think so.

Aside from the guilt poking at him for letting her down, it was the overpowering thought that he had failed to save her, like his mother. Fortunately, he didn't lose Padmé or his children and was able to save them... it would've been worse if he hadn't.

Nevertheless, Anakin couldn't explain for himself why he was so hung up on believing Kyla had changed. She was Demetrious now, and as much as he ignored everyone else for thinking that, he couldn't let himself. It was physically impossible... for now.

Plucking Anakin from his thoughts at his alarming tone, Mace bellows, "It is just like talking to another person. You will be speaking to Darth Demetrious, the most powerful being in the galaxy."

Desmond shakes his head and glances at his shuffling feet as they walk. "Yeah, that helps."

Obi-Wan turns to Desmond and smiles, then turns back to where they were walking. "I thought you said you were the one who faced reality," he chuckles.

Desmond laughs. "I am. And, I do. But sometimes, it's just difficult to."

Anakin curls his upper lip and prevents himself from speaking up. As they scurried down the hallway swiftly to get to the High Council Chamber, his anxiety was growing - he knew it was going to make him feel even less than the Council already considered "young Skywalker" - they were going to bring up how he failed at his attempt to negotiate with Kyla, another reason why they were using Desmond instead.

At last, the High Council Chamber is around the corner, and the three Jedi stop Desmond for a moment in case he wasn't mentally, or physically, prepared.