The Bullsh*t Parade is the best thing I've ever done.

I was back at school today and Austin kept trying to blackmail and bribe me into meeting his Dad.
He really wasn't giving up.

I had AP Maths first period, so that meant a break.
The teacher still didn't give a single sh*t.

My phone buzzed:
'I'll buy you Taco Bell!'

Austin, I couldn't catch a break from my beautiful boyfriend.

Another text came through:
'For Kenadee! She comes back tonight!'

I might give in.
It must be okay to text in this class considering the only thing the goddamn teacher was teaching was how to snore like a professional.

'Okay. x'
'Yay! Talk at lunch. x'

I put my phone away and turned back to my maths sheet.

At lunch I met Austin at our lockers.
"Hey." Austin said,
"Hi! Behind the bike shed?" I whispered the last part and Austin and I slipped through the moving crowd heading to the cafeteria for 4th period lunch.

We slumped against the bike shed, also known as the Stoners Shed.
The place ranked of weed.
No-one put their bikes in the shed anymore, even freshman were warned to stay away instead of finding out themselves.
This was the only thing the study body was reasonable about.

"So how has your day been?" I asked
"Boring. But better now I'm with you."
"You're really soppy. You know that?"
"Yeah."

I sat down.
Austin also slumped against the shed and put his arm around me. I gladly leaned in and rested on his shoulders.
"So you get to meet my dad tonight!"
"Uh-huh. What time do you want me to come over?"
"Just come after school, I want to spend as much time with you as possible."
"You are very sweet."
"I love you."
"I love you too."

I leaned in, with the intention to kiss him but just as I was about to close the gap between us someone spoke.

"Hello Fags!"
Well f*ck.
It was David (AN: so none of you realised this but David is named after the guy in BOTDF because I needed a name that could be associated with someone everyone hates.)

"Well F*ck." I said aloud, scrambling to my feet. I thought Austin would jump away from me but he just got up and put his arm around my waist protectively.

"David. This is none of your business." Austin said, very calmly like he was talking to a manic dog.
David obviously didn't like that tone.
"Gonna talk to me like you're better than me, cause you're not. You're a fag!"
"David. I swear to motherf*cking God if you do anything I will pummel your ass."
"Like you could Carlile."
"Do you want me to prove it?"
"Wouldn't want to scare your precious little boyfriend."
"He couldn't be scared, even when you've got a haircut like that."

I stifled a laugh, David did have ridiculous hair.

David, his dignity and hairspray insulted couldn't come back from that, he just lunged at me and punched me in the face.

I dropped to the ground and Austin stepped forward. He punched David in the face, so he stumbled.

David was on the floor, and Austin turned back to me, holding out his hand.
I took it and he pulled me up,
"Okay?"
"Yup."
He kissed my temple and led us away.

"Wait!" David said, he had gotten up while Austin's back was turned.
"I'm going to tell everyone!" He said.

I looked at Austin, and he shrugged.
"I don't mind if people know." He said
"Neither. No one else is as big of an ass that this loser." I jerked my thumb at David.
This was good, he'd lost his 'power' over me.
Didn't mean he was going to give up.
He ran off, probably going to the cafeteria to announce his 'big news'.

"What have you got next?" Austin asked.
"We've both got English."
"Ugh. We can't skip with that hawk teaching." Austin groaned

Then the bell rang,
"Let the Bullsh*t Parade begin." I said
"We'll carry on."
We decide we'd walk back holding hands, even if David hasn't had the chance to tell everyone he would soon.

Once we got back into the main building it was clear David had shared his news.
And that no one cared.
Except Aaron.
"I f*cking called it!" He was saying, as if he wasn't told only a few days ago.
"Shut it Pauley!" I called.
"How have you by shat yourself over this! I thought you'd be dead!"
"What did he actually do?"
"Stood on a table like a medieval squire or something and said 'I just caught two fags behind the Stoner Shed. Carlile and Ashby are gay!'and, then there was silence before someone, it might have been me called out 'Shut your ass!" and he got down and sulked."
"Thanks Aaron."

Austin and I went and sat in English, the seating plan abandoned.
"Good afternoon class." Ms G said as she strutted in.
This was met with a classroom-wide groan.

The 40 minutes passed slowly.
Austin kept glancing at me, generally making me blush.

Once the bell rang we, as always hurried out to the main road.
"So my dad will be home earlier today. He's expecting you...I was very excited for him to meet you so yeah..." He trailed off,
"I'm excited too. I'll just let my mum know I'll be home late."

Text message sent Austin and I turned down his street.
"Alan!" Someone yelled, and I turned to see Kenadee standing a few feet away.
She ran towards Austin and I, once again proving my lack of strength by knocking me over in a giant hug.
Austin chuckled.

Once my strength and dignity had been restored we walked back to Austin's house. Kenadee in between us, holding our hands.
She babbled about her day, and how she decided she didn't want to be married ever again because boys smell.
Although I was offended I didn't disagree.

We spent the afternoon watching High School Musical, at Kenadee's request.
It really was a cinematic masterpiece of our generation.

It was about 4:30 and I was close to tears. 'I gotta go my own way' was a genuinely heart-breaking song.
The door opened.
"He's home!" Austin said cheerfully, switching off the TV.

"Hey Dad!" Austin called out, pulling me off the couch.
As his father walked in he pushed we towards him,
"This is Alan!"
I went to shake his hand, I've got basic etiquette.
"Uh, Hello, I'm Alan." I said.
I don't have basic linguistics.
"Hi I'm Joseph" (AN: if Mrs Ashby is going to be Mary Mr Carlile can be Joseph even though I hate religion except for P!ATD)

"So Dad." Austin said.
"What's up Aus?"

Aus. That was a nice nickname, all the Carlile's had, like pet names.
I was the lucky one who got to call Austin 'babe'.

"Please interrogate Alan. His mother asked me lots of questions, it's his turn."
I scoffed and playfully hit his arm. He just grinned at me.
Demon boy.

"I don't know what to say. I still haven't met Ken's husband." Mr Carlile said, stooping down and picking Kenadee up.
"We got un-married." Kenadee said.
"Why?" Mr Carlile asked, he looked serious but his mouth was curled to avoid laughing.
"He smells."
Everyone laughed.

"Boys smell little butterfly. Especially Alan." Austin said.
"No. Especially Austin."
"I could do this all day." He turned to me, mocking a fighting stance.
"I could, if I wasn't like 5ft tall."
Austin giggled, again.
He had a very nice laugh.

Austin laughed the entire night.
Mr Carlile was really nice, he didn't interrogate me too much.
"Why are you dating my son?"
"Uh, because he was strangely nice to me. Then he asked me out and took me to the creek. He told charming but odd stories, I liked seeing how passionate he got about little things. I like how his got a kinda harsh face but it softens instantly when he smiles or laughs. He's got lots of little quirks that I, well, love."
"Does he know you feel love?"
"Yes."
"Does he return the feeling?"
"I do!" Austin butted in.
"Well then, all seems to be pretty perfect."

It really was.
I left about half an hour later.
Austin drove me home.
"I love you!" He said, as we pulled up,
"I love you." I leant in and kissed him briefly before getting out of his car.

I went inside, to be interrogated about my interrogation from my mother.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
This is the longest chapter I think I've ever written so CHEERS!
-M x