0.2

((edited 2-3-2017))

Niall can't sleep. He's overthinking everything. His life, his choices. Today's events keeps replaying in his mind over and over. The show went well but Harry was acting weird. Niall knows very well they have to act like they're friends in front of the fans, but this was not something friends do.

«flashback»

Niall has always loved to perform Little Things. The lights swaying back and forth in the crowd is truly magical. Niall also gets to play the guitar, which he loves. It makes him feel confident and happy.

All the boys are on stage sitting close together. It's good because Niall is tired of running around. It's peaceful. The whole song is so calming. The last chorus is coming up and Niall glances over at Harry who's staring at him as he sings.

"But if it's true"

"It's you, it's you"

"They add up to"

He smiles at Niall who's astonished. This has never happened before.

"I'm in love with you."

Niall blushes as he smiles back. Harry keeps staring at him and Niall gets the sudden urge to punch him in the face. Why does he have to look at him like that.

"I love you" Harry says before finishing the song. Screams are filling the arena but Niall can't hear them. Harry's words keeps echoing in his mind.

«flashback over»

Get over it, Niall thinks. It was just for show.

Niall pulls his phone from under his pillow and skims through Twitter. He finds his finger searching the Narry tag which is filled with videos of him and Harry. He feels disappointed with himself. He's caught himself going through that tag more and more lately. He doesn't know why.

He puts his headphones in his phone so no one else can hear and then presses play on a video that of Harry. His voice is beautiful but Niall will never admit that out loud.

Niall is very insecure about his voice. He used to be jealous of Harry because of his voice and confidence. He got all the fame without even trying. When Niall first joined the band they always made him sing backup. He never had any solos and that always hurt him. It still does.

"Niall can you turn out the lights" A raspy voice from the other side of the aisle asks. Niall realises the light inside his bunk is on. It really lit up the whole bus. "Sorry Haz" Niall says without thinking. Why did he use a nickname? He never uses nicknames on Harry. He turns the lights out without saying a word, praying that Harry didn't notice.

"Thanks" Harry mumbles quietly before falling asleep again.

Niall smiles to himself because Harry didn't notice. He was probably too tired. Niall puts his phone away and turns towards the aisle.

Harry has his curtain half open. Laying on his stomach with his hair in a curly mess. Niall sees a small hickey on his neck and smirks to himself.

He gave that one to him after the concert. Harry had dragged him into a broom closet.

Niall closes his eyes and curls up into a ball. Falling asleep to the sound of light snores coming from the bunk opposite of his.

The morning after Harry is woken up by loud chattering. They're already at the next venue? Why did no one wake him up? He looks over at the empty bunk in front of him, remembering waking up in the middle of the night and the nickname. He doesn't really mind having a nickname. Louis and Liam calls him Haz all the time, but coming from Niall it was odd.

He hears Niall's laugh and sighs. He wishes he could sleep but he's hungry. He climbs out of his bunk and puts on some sweats before walking to the kitchen area.

"Morning" he mutters as he opens the fridge. Pouring some juice in a glass.

"Nice hickey mate" Liam teases with a chuckle. He turns to Niall and mumbles "nice one" and Niall just shrugs, a proud smile on his face. Harry on the other hand is not proud.

"You gave me a fucking hickey?" He confronts Niall. "Seriously!?" He walks over to the bathroom and looks himself in the mirror. Right there on his neck is a blueish purple mark. Fully visible to everyone with eyes.

"How the fuck am I supposed to go on stage tonight with this?" He almost screams. "Do you know how many fucking rumours will spread about me and one of you guys?!"

Niall ignores him. It's too early to fight.

"I can't deal with the Larry bullshit again Niall. You always ruin everything!"

"It's not my fault you and Louis were to affectionate in public!" Niall finally snaps. "You're such a jackass. It's you who bruise too easily! I can't even fucking touch you without leaving a mark."

"I can't control if I bruise easily idiot." Harry growls. He sits down frustrated next to Liam who's laughing his ass off.

"What?" Harry asks a little too hostile.

"It's just funny. Your fights are always ridiculous." He stops laughing for Harry's sake. "Then the fighting creates this weird tension which always causes you to shag."

"Well Niall is always throwing himself all over me so what am I supposed to do." Harry says as he sends a glare towards Niall. Like it's his fault they fuck.

"All over you? You were the one dragging me into a closet YESTERDAY!" Niall reminds the younger boy. "Whatever. It's not like there was somebody else to fuck." Harry rolls his eyes.

"I need some air." Niall sighs before rushing out of the bus.

a/n

Btw this takes place in 2015 right after OTRA... idk exactly when but I imagine it being like a small tour like maybe through just the US... so it's October/November ish. Haven't really thought it through tbh. I imagine it being during the fall. Maybe otra ended earlier here. If that makes sense idk