1.6

((edited 20-3-2017))

Niall is laying on the couch in the back of the bus watching Netflix on his iPad. They spent the night at the venue so now they're travelling during the day. Soon another person joins him in the back.

Niall glances over at the person and sees it's Harry. He quickly looks back at his iPad and tries is hardest not to stare at the curly head. He's not wearing a shirt, it makes it hard not to stare.

Harry notices the occasional glance coming from his left and gives Niall a small smile. Niall blushes before focusing on the film. Harry decides to lay down, using Niall's lap as a pillow.

The blonde's hand naturally travels to Harry's brown locks and he hums approvingly. Niall stop paying attention to his iPad and instead plays with Harry's hair.

"Make me pretty." He says with a low voice.

"You're already pretty" it just slipped out of Niall's mouth, making both him and Harry red.

"Maybe I can braid it?" Niall suggests, trying to draw attention away from the awkward moment they just shared.

"You know how to braid hair?"

"You'd be surprised." Niall smiles proudly and Harry grins back.

"Surprise me then."

Niall starts to fix with his hair, making several small braids in the younger boy's hair.

"Can I choose another show?" Harry asks, reaching towards the iPad.

"No I like this show" Niall protests and stops Harry. "But you're not even watching it" Harry murmurs.

"Yes I was, but you were distracting me!" Niall voice gets more hostile, making the anger in Harry raise. "You didn't have to play with my hair!"

"Your hair is so pretty, how could I resist?" The compliment drowns in the tone of Niall's voice. He somehow made that sound mean.

"Well it's not my fault I'm attractive" Harry sits up, looking Niall right in the eyes.

"You always think you're better than me" Niall huffs quietly.

"At least I don't eat all our food..."

"Are we seriously still on that subject, I was hungry get over it" Niall snaps.

"Well others have needs too Niall!"

"And I'm the only one who needs to think of others?" He glares at Harry.

"What are you implying?"

"You know that it's rude to take a shit on the bus!" (a/n I had to write that)

"Why are you always so bloody annoying?" Harry is really angry. He wants Niall to shut up and go away.

"Well the others seem to not be so annoyed by me!" Niall defends himself.

"Maybe they are? Maybe they are just nice because they have to be. I bet when this is all over Louis and Liam won't even stay in touch with you. They will probably just forget you." Harry spits.

"You don't know that!"

"I do too! I bet Zayn hasn't answered any of your texts. I bet it's because he agrees with me! He forgot about you and so will the rest." The words spills out of Harry's mouth like vomit. It's only when he's already said them he realises that he went too far.

Niall is quiet. To quiet. He starts shaking his head.

"I would never say that to you." Tears are building up in his eyes.

Harry feels an instant rush of panic. He shouldn't have said that, he didn't mean it.

"I would never say that to you" Niall repeats again. Harry stumbles on his words and reaches out to the older boy. Niall pushes him away.

"You always blame me for everything." Niall wipes a tear away from his cheek. Seeing Niall like this breaks Harry's heart.

"I didn't mean it, Niall, I'm so-" Harry starts but he's cut off by Niall.

"Save it." He runs out from the small living room area and out to his bunk. He climbs inside and closes the curtains all the way, getting as much privacy as possible.

A couple of minutes passes before Louis and Liam comes inside the small room where Harry's sitting.

"Why did Niall just climb inside his bunk crying?" They ask the still panicked boy.

"I fucked up, I fucked up so badly!" He runs a hand through his hair.

"Mate, tell us what happened." Liam puts an arm on Harry's shoulder but he just shakes his head.

"This is the worst thing I've ever said. I can never make up for this shit, I never wanted him to cry!" He rambles.

"Harry what is going on, we don't understand?" Louis tries to make eye contact with his friend.

"I told him that you all find him annoying and that Zayn does too. I said that's why he doesn't answer any of his texts." Tears are building up in Harry's eyes.

Louis and Liam looks at Harry with wide eyes. "I didn't mean it" Harry whispers.

Louis face is red. His fists clenches by his sides and Harry gets scared that he will punch him. He deserves it. Instead Louis just turns around and walks away. Not saying a single word to the younger boy.

"Harry, that was not okay. What were you thinking?" Liam looks at Harry with judgemental eyes.

"I don't know Liam. I messed up. I don't know what to do." Harry wipes a tear from his eye. He hates himself right now.

"Me neither, mate. Me neither."