0.8

l u k e

"Quick feet boys!"

I breathed heavily as I ran up and down the pitch in a high speed.

"Pick up the pace guys, two and a half turns left!"

I wiped the sweat off of my forehead as I was running quickly, keeping the focus on my breathing to not breathe too fast or too slow. I could clearly feel the burn in my throat from the intense running, but I kept my pace because I wanted to impress.

"8.25, great job Hemmings, keep the pace until the end!"

With a deep breath in and out, I reached the end of the field and turned around quickly to speed up for the last turn.

I was exhausted by the last meters but still sped up to cross the last line and fell down on the grass to close my eyes and catch my breath.

"9.07 minutes, fantastic job Hemmings" coach said and patted me on my knee before walking off again.

I couldn't say anything back as I still breathed so loud, nothing else but air came out. I reached for a water bottle and poured almost half of it on my face to cool myself down before sitting up and took a gulp of it.

"Shit" Calum swore when he collapsed beside me, breathing just as heavily I did seconds ago. "How could you pick up your pace in the last turn? I would have fainted if I had done that"

He reached for his own water bottle and gulped down almost all of it in just seconds.

"I just really wanted to be the first one in, and I wanted to get a good time" I told him before lying down on the ground again.

"Well, congrats on that" Calum said and patted me blindly on the stomach before going back to catch his breath again.

I stayed on the ground and heard all the boys finish their laps before sitting up and watching almost all of us lying on the grass, breathing heavily.

"The goalies are lucky they don't have to do shit like this" Calum mumbled as he sat up beside me and looked over to the three goalkeepers that were peacefully training with the goalkeeper coach.

I hummed in agreement before standing up from my previous position and walked off to the refreshments table again.

"Shit Luke, you're a fucking runner. No wonder you're a striker"

I turned to see Michael walk up to me. He patted me on my shoulder before reaching over and grabbing some kind of energy drink.

"Um, thanks" I answered, looking at him quite hesitantly. He had never really talked to me and I have never really talked to him. He was Ashton's friend and I always took him as some kind of 'enemy' as well because he of course would be on Ashton's side.

"So um, how's it going living with Ash?" Michael asked after he had swallowed the big gulp he had taken.

"Ashton hasn't told you?" I asked with a small chuckle as I turned my whole body to face Michael.

"He has, but I only get one thing out of him and I don't know if he just lie to make me to stop talking" Michael said and breathed out a laugh.

"Well, he's still a fucking asshole" I said and took a sip of my drink. Michael sighed and scratched his chin.

"Then Ashton isn't lying because you're story is pretty much the same as his"

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. I didn't expect anything other from Ashton.

"So, Ashton told me you know about his sickness" Michael spoke in a hushed tone, looking at me with big green eyes.

I only nodded in answer because if Ashton had told Michael about that then maybe he had told him about how I had rummaged through all his stuff to find those pills.