epilogue pt.2

l u k e

"-the game on Tuesday between Arsenal FC and Atletico Madrid. It's been speculations about how the coaches are going to build their teams up, since most people have heard Arsenal is trying a new line-up with for example Hemmings starting as center forward instead of right"

"I think that will truly help the game but I'm also slightly worried of the consequences since we are all aware of Hemmings' and Irwin's history together. It would be a shame if anger would be the reason for any of them to not play the game. They are young players who are needed for the team and-"

"Hey"

The soft voice from beside me made me tear my eyes away from the TV to look at the boy seated next to me on the couch. His smile was warm and comforting as he pulled his legs up on the couch and fully turned his whole body to me.

"Hey" I said back softly before I reached out to grab his legs and put them in my lap. He chuckled at that and leaned back so he was resting his head against the armrest.

"You nervous?" he asked and glanced at the TV as he saw me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"A bit. It's natural though" I said, making him breathe out a laugh.

"I think it's more than natural," he said and sat up, his warm smile soon turning into a serious one. "It's okay for you to think about him, you know?"

I looked at him intently before glancing at the TV screen, watching the separate pictures of Ashton and I being shown while they kept speaking about us. I pursed my lips before shaking my head and turned back to Jace.

"I'm not" I said, making him smile softly, showing that he thought what I said was utter bullshit.

"I'm not stupid, Luke. The last time you saw each other was at the end of the camp. After what you've told me you left with some pretty heavy things, and I know meeting up again will make those things re-appear"

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows before shaking my head again and leaned forward so the tip of my nose was brushing against his. He sat still and kept his eyes on me as I smiled small.

"You don't need to worry" I whispered and leaned forward further to press my lips against his softly, making it last for only a few seconds.

"I'm not worried, Luke," he said and softly ran his thumb over my bottom lip, "I'm not even allowed to be worried or jealous since we're not dating"

"We're dating a little" I said and raised an eyebrow while holding my thumb and forefinger up to show half an inch between them, making Jace laugh again.

"Well, I like those odds," he said and wiggled his eyebrows, making me laugh. "So sneaking around without anyone's knowledge except Theo's is called 'dating' now?"

"Mhm, it's really romantic" I spoke jokingly, making Jace roll his eyes. I chuckled and leaned forward to press my lips against his again.

"I'm gonna tell everyone one day. Promise" I murmured gently, smiling small when watching a soft smile spread on his face.

"Don't feel pressured. It's a whole other thing for you, and I wouldn't want you to do it if you weren't 100% comfortable. And, I mean, sneaking around with a superstar is quite exciting"

I nodded my head and breathed out a laugh at his sincere facial expression before pressing my lips against his again, this time engaging a deeper kiss.

"Luke! Call my phone I can't find it anywhere" Theo called from his bedroom. I pulled away from Jace and rolled my eyes as I reached for my phone to dial his number.