4.2

l u k e

My eyes were focused on my shoes as I slowly tied them so they sat tightly around my feet. I pulled my socks up over my knees and taped the hem to make them stay up, before sitting up straight and sighed loudly.

I looked around and watched all my teammates silently get dressed while being in their own bubbles. Headphones were placed over my ears and music was playing quietly through them while I rested my back against the wall.

It was game day, the most important day of the summer, the day I had been working for for years now, and I wasn't ready.

I hated myself for being so unfocused on the most important day of my life. My future depended on this day, and I felt like pure shit.

And all thanks to Ashton.

There wasn't a single moment during the whole night that I didn't think about the shit Ashton had told me yesterday. I felt even more pressured for the game now when Ashton had literally asked me to lose this game so he could gain all the glory.

I hated it. And the fact that I loved him made me hate it even more.

"Hey" I heard a soft voice say before a shoulder nudged against mine. I glanced up and looked at Felix, giving him and small smile before taking off my headphones.

"Hey" I mumbled and looked down at my lap while pursing my lips.

"You nervous?" Felix asked and nudged my shoulder once again.

"Yeah," I mumbled and sighed, "I feel like shit right now and I'm scared I'll play like shit as well"

"Like that's gonna happen," Felix chuckled but the way I slightly frowned down at my lap made him quiet down, "I'm serious, Hemmings. You'll do great. Even on your bad days you're still awesome"

I looked at him with a doubtful look on my face while chuckling tiredly. "Thanks, but that honestly doesn't make me feel better. I've got so much shit on my mind and I'm so tired" I said and ran a hand through my hair.

"Why? What's wrong?" he asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Everything" I mumbled and tugged at my hair.

"Anything specific?"

"Ashton" I sighed and rubbed my hands over my face before leaning my chin in the palm of my hand and turned to look at Felix again.

He eyed me with furrowed eyebrows and looked at me for a long time before rolling his eyes and sighing loudly. "You and Ashton are starting to piss me off, you know that right?"

"I know. We're pissing me off too"

"You two should have a reality show or something, because the amount of drama you guys bring is worse than the housewives in Beverly Hills" Felix spoke, making me groan. "For real now though. Whatever you guys are bitching about this time, it's not worth getting unfocused on the game that we play in literally one and a half hour"

"I know" I mumbled and rubbed my hands over my face again.

"We all want to win this game, Luke,"  Felix said and stood up before patting my shoulder, "And we kind of need your help with that"