1.7

a s h t o n

I yawned long and loudly as I walked out of the messy and stuffed bedroom I shared with 7 other guys. I walked down the empty hallway and made my way towards the restrooms.

As I entered, I squinted my eyes at the white and achingly bright lights that were lighting up the empty room. It was quiet, only a few drops of water dripping from one of the showers furthest away.

I sighed and turned around to look at myself in the mirror. I bit my lip and closed my eyes as I placed my hands on the counter and dropped my head forward. I gripped the counter with my hands and groaned under my breath.

"Fucking July 7th" I mumbled and opened my eyes to look at myself again. The image made me want to punch the mirror into pieces, but I didn't. I just kept a hard grip on the counter and breathed hard.

The door to the restroom opened and the familiar mop of crazy brown/blond hair entered. Michael looked up at me and smiled before walking over and embracing me in a hug.

"Happy birthday" he mumbled into the hug and I sighed again.

"Don't" I said sternly and pulled away from the hug. I turned to the sink and turned on the water, cupping my hands under the tap and filled them with ice cold water. Closing my eyes, I dipped my face in it and held it like that for a few seconds before letting the water go and stood up straight again.

"I got you a present" Michael said and I groaned as I turned to look at him with tired eyes.

"Michael-"

"Shut up, you're fucking 18 now. Let me give you something for once in my life" Michael interrupted my whining and I sighed before leaning the side of my body against the counter, crossing my arms and looking at my friend.

"First, I want to give you this," Michael said and dug up two pills in different colors and handed them to me. I rolled my eyes.

"Just take them" Michael said and I did as told placing one at the back of my tongue and drank some water, swallowed, and did the same thing with the other pill.

"And now for the real thing," he said and enthusiastically, making me raise my eyebrow up, "Happy birthday, man"

Michael handed me his phone and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Your phone?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Look at the picture" he said and I did as told, taking the phone in my hands and looked at the picture of two tickets placed on a table.

I narrowed my eyes and squinted at the screen before zooming in and my face dropped slightly in surprise. I read the text on the tickets on and on again, making sure it was actually real.

"Are you serious?" I asked and looked up from the screen to place my eyes on Michael. He nodded with a big grin on his face.

I looked down at the screen again and inspected the two tickets to the semi finals of the FIFA World Cup. I grinned as I glanced up at Michael.

"I know we have no idea who's gonna play and that's it's long until it's time, but happy birthday"

"Fuck," I said and pulled him into a bone crushing hug, "Why did you buy me something expensive?"

"Because you've never let me get you anything, ever. This is for all the lost time I guess" Michael said as he pulled away and grinned big.

"Shit, World Cup" I said and shook my hand, handing the phone back to Michael.

"I know," he said and smiled giddily, "I hope you understand the second ticket is for me, right?"

"Of course I do, idiot. Who else would I bring?" I mumbled and chuckled as Michael grinned again.