4.7

a s h t o n

With a small sigh I dropped the folded shirt into my suitcase before letting my hands rub my face in exhaustion. To take a nap before the dinner wasn't that great of an idea I realized now after, since I was almost too tired to think.

The shower was running and I figured Luke would be done soon as he had woken me up about half an hour ago when he started it. I didn't mind the silence and alone time I had now though, because it was quite soothing in a way.

At that moment, I heard the shower turning off and I sighed again. Though, no other sounds were heard from the bathroom, so I went back to messily pack my bag since this was the only time I could do it. We were soon off to the 'goodbye'-dinner we'd have and it would probably last until late. Most guys' flights left early morning, including mine, so I had left packing until the last minute.

As I reached down for yet another shirt, something graced my fingertips. I furrowed my eyebrows and picked it up, only to bite my lip when seeing it was a container of my old set of pills. I read the label and nearly laughed at the description.

"Don't need you anymore" I mumbled before walking over to the trash can and dropped the pills in it. As I was just about to walk off, something caught my eyes, making my turn back around immediately.

The contract familiar to mine ripped apart in the trash made me immediately reach for it in worry.

"What the fuck" I mumbled and fished up yet another piece, thinking it was the contract I had signed only hours ago. I threw the pieces of paper back in the bin and hurried over to the table between the beds. I rummaged through it until noticing my contract lying untouched in the plastic folder on the table.

With furrowed eyebrows I walked back to the bin and crouched down, running my fingers along the several pieces of papers, moving them around to make some words out. It was obvious they were contracts, and it was obvious they weren't mine. So as I had -literally- put the pieces together, my face was set in a frown when seeing two Spanish club contracts thrown away in the trash.

"What are you doing?" Luke suddenly said, making me turn my head quickly to watch him walk out from the bathroom with a slightly worried look on his face.

"I, um," I said and furrowed my eyebrows as I glanced down at the bin, before clearing my throat and standing up, "I was just throwing away my pills"

"Why would you do that?" Luke asked with a frown, making me smile small.

"My old pills" I assured him, making him relax and nod his head. He smiled quickly before turning around to walk over to the closet. I watched him drop his towel and get dressed, making me breathe out heavily and bite the inside of my cheek.

"Are you done packing?" he asked soon after, making me blink my eyes to get back to reality.

"Soon, I think. Mom helped me before the game so I think I have everything under control" I answered and ran my hand up and down my arm as I was starting to get cold. Or maybe it was just some act of uncomfortableness, I didn't know.

"How about you?" I asked, ignoring the thick tension in the air that was confusing me. Or it wasn't a tension, it was us knowing this was our last night and neither one of us knew how to handle it.

"I've started but I'm far from done" Luke sighed as he put on a nice long sleeved t-shirt before turning around to look at me. I looked back, keeping my silence as I let my eyes roam his face. He gave me a small smile, almost a sad one, before walking over and draping his arms around my neck.