epilogue pt.1

a s h t o n

"Barcelona ganó el partido contra el Villarreal, por lo que es importante para nosotros ganar. Los asientos del estadio están todos vendidos por el clásico del domingo"

"What's he saying?" I whispered quietly to Neo who was seated beside me. He gave me a look and I ignored the amused expression on his face as I nodded for him to go on.

"He saying that Barcelona won the game against Villarreal so it's important that we win our game. And that the stadium is sold out for the game on Sunday. He's basically trying to pressure us into greatness, as usual" he whispered back, making me nod my head and give him a greatful look before going back to listening to the coach speaking.

"-y centrarse en la Champions League"

That I understood what it meant, and a grin was placed on my face as I kept listening. I had a hard time understanding everything, but I could puzzle some words together. But I didn't worry over it since I knew someone of the guys would give me a summary later.

"-y Irwin todavía no puede entender lo que estoy diciendo" coach suddenly spoke, making me raise my eyebrows at the mention of my name. The guys around me laughed, making me roll my eyes at how they all loved to remind me I was so out of knowledge.

"Al menos yo estoy tratando" I said and grinned proudly, making coach laugh and shake his head.

"Al menos eres un gran jugador de fútbol porque eres malo en español" he spoke, making me snort as the other guys were laughing.

"8 months Irwin. You'd think you'd be speaking fluently by now" he said and I wanted to make fun of his bad pronunciation but that would be hypocritical of me. At least he could speak English.

"You're rude. Do you want me to change clubs?"

"You're on a contract, you're not going anywhere" he said and walked over to pat me harshly against my shoulder, making me grimace.

"At least I'm speaking English. It's a universal language"

"Un solo idioma nunca es suficiente" he said, making me snort again. "Good practice today. It pleases me to see you in such a great form for Champions League"

"Thank you, sir" I said, earning a nod from him before he walked off.

I turned around and walked over to the sidelines to grab a bottle and gulp down the cold liquid. I kept my eyes on the Atletico Madrid flag flowing in the wind and grinned contently before letting my eyes set on the boy who was running up to me with light steps.

"You nervous for the game?" Àlexi asked as he reached me, his Spanish accent evident in his words, and reached out to take the bottle away from my hands.

"Not yet at least," I said and shrugged, "I don't see any reasons to be nervous though. This game isn't any worse than the ones before. It's actually a lot better than the last one"

"True," he said and nodded his head before throwing the bottle back to be. "But this game is what's gonna decide who does what during CL"

"What? Since when?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Since like last week. Everyone spoke about it" he said and shrugged again, making me look at him with disbelief in my eyes.