Chapter IV, The Accident.

It has not even been a minute since she got there, but Lauren finds herself avoiding Camila.

She feels the burning sensation in her throat and her chest feels like is holding something heavy inside. She doesn't even know why she is being like this, why she feels like this but then again, she has not felt like herself for the past 24 hours.

It makes her feel uncomfortable with herself. It feels like she is losing control, and she doesn't know what to do or what to say when she is around Camila.

The thing is that Lauren is always in control. Or at least she thinks she is. Now she is not so sure anymore.

When she looks around she notices Harry and Dinah sitting together on the couch in front of the TV while talking animatedly and Tori and Vanessa are playing Mortal Kombat sitting on the puffy chairs right in front of Harry and Dinah, with just the coffee table separating them. Lauren figures that if Tori is still there, Ally must be somewhere, most likely with Normani who is nowhere to be seen.

She considers looking for the latter but since Normani is probably with Ally and she can read her like an open book, she doesn't think it is a good idea for now.

Since there are two more couches to sit on, Lauren thinks that Camila will most likely sit with her, so she takes a seat on the coffee table, in between Tori and Vanessa, to watch them play.After a moment and like she anticipated, Camila sits by herself. And it is not like Lauren is looking at her but she notices Camila's eyes only focused on the screen of her phone.

"Hey, puppy, wanna play?" Vanessa asks offering the joystick to Lauren.

"I don't know how to play," Lauren replies shrugging her shoulders and trying to look at Camila as subtly as possible.

"You're telling me, Tori is kicking my ass," Vanessa chuckles and looks at her. "You okay, mate?"

And yeah, Lauren forgets that Vanessa can read her like an open book too and she only need a glance to know that something is wrong with her.

Lauren really needs to start to work on her straight face. Clearly, she can't get it right.

"Of course," she manages to smile and it is believable enough for Tori, who turned around when she heard Vanessa's question, but it is definitely not enough for the hazel-eyed girl. "Why would you ask that?"

"Because I worry about you?" Vanessa scoffs moving the joystick as if moving the controller would help her win. "Dammit, Victoria," she huffs annoyed and shaking her head as Tori smiles smugly at her.

"I'm too good for this," Tori says standing up from the puffy chair, playfully flipping her voluminous hair. "I'll go help the girls," she announces happily giving Lauren the joystick. "Kick her ass," she winks at Lauren playfully.

"Hey!" Vanessa protests after Tori's comment. Lauren giggles when a treacherous smile spreads across the British girl's lips.

"I will," Lauren promises, turning serious and taking Tori's previous seat. The curly-haired girl disappears to go to the kitchen and Lauren looks over her shoulder to see if Camila was is there.

She sighs when she notices the smaller girl still sitting on the couch and turns around to face the TV screen again. "Did you let her win?" she questions curiously.

"No, I truly suck at this game," Vanessa chuckles lightheartedly. She starts another round and Lauren immediately focuses on the characters in front of her. "I don't even know how to play," the British shrugs her shoulder pressing every button she could find.

"Did you even ask Tori to teach you?" Lauren raises her eyebrows, squealing when she notices that she was already winning.

"She did but I..." Vanessa trails off. When Lauren looks at her expectantly she sighs defeated. "I got distracted by her hands," she mutters embarrased.