Chapter VII, Vulnerability.

Vulnerability is not something that Lauren likes to feel.It reminds her of all of the times she had to crawl into her parent's bed because she had a bad dream that would not go away and all of the other times she felt exposed to the world.

Like when she came out to her family and Dinah on Christmas day four years ago. That day she felt so vulnerable and exposed to them that she cried her eyes out just because she could finally be herself around the people she loved and she had nothing tho hide anymore.

And now Lauren feels the same way.

She notices the change within herself immediately. After the realization that Camila could possibly make her feel things that she has never felt before (she is already doing it), Lauren started to put some distance between them. It was subconsciously at first, but then she sees Camila giving her that look where she looks at her unsure of what to do with her big puppy eyes, and all of the distance and short answers are a waste of time.

All of the walls Lauren have tried to build back up over and over again, come crumbling down with just one look. Lauren is completely at Camila's disposition and the brown-eyed girl doesn't even know it.

When Camila leaves, she hugs goodbye everyone but Lauren. The black-haired girl notices Camila's slow movements when she gets closer to her as if she wants to let that little exchange last as much as she can. She notices her small tight-lipped smile, her scrunched up nose, the gentleness of her eyes and even when she doesn't hug her like the rest, she does kiss her on the cheek. It is a faint kiss, as if her lips were ghosting Lauren's skin, and somehow that is more than enough for her.

When Friday rolls around Lauren's stomach is twisting in anticipation and her heart races at the mere thought of Camila.

She opens the door smiling widely at her and Camila returns the smile happily.

"Do you realize that this is the last time you will be opening the door for me?" the brunette asks, moving to sit in one of the armchairs of Lauren's study zone after leaving two gallons of paint on the floor.

Lauren sits on the other armchair in front of Camila and looks at her amused. "Unless you forget your key," she teases, kinking up an eyebrow.

Camila giggles and shakes her head lightly. "I'll try not to," she promises standing up again. "Will you help me paint my room?" she wonders looking down at Lauren.

The green-eyed girl shrugs her shoulders and nods her head. She doesn't have anything better to do anyway.

Camila leads the way to her almost empty new room while she carries the gallons of paint with her and starts to cover the bed and the floor with pages of old newspapers while Lauren goes to her room to change her clothes for an old shirt and sweatpants. When she comes back Camila has the entire floor covered with paper and she is tying her long hair in a messy bun.

Lauren doesn't know how Camila can pull off the messy hair so well but she is definitely not complaining.

"Are you going to paint dressed like that?" Lauren asks taking a step closer to the other girl. Camila turns around confused and looks at her outfit for a moment before looking at Lauren blankly. "You will probably get paint in your clothes," she advices softly to see if Camila catches the hint.

"So?" the brunette asks furrowing her eyebrows.

"Nevermind," Lauren snorts and takes one of the paintbrushes to start painting the wall. "Why did you pick light gray by the way?" she asks Camila swiping the paintbrush up and down on the wall repetitively. She hasn't even been painting for a whole minute and she already has paint in her shirt.