Chapter XXVI, Wings To Fly.

Lauren's hands start to shake when Camila locks her brown eyes on her green ones. Her heart is thudding in her chest when Camila stands up and tugs at her hand to help her get up from the couch and Lauren feels her blood rushing in her ears when Camila kisses her softly, right before she begins to walk down the hall.

The end credits of the movie are still playing and the glow of the TV is the only thing helping them to see where they are going but for Lauren, everything is spinning around. The rain is still falling steadily and although it is not as hard as it was before, Lauren still can hear it as if it is falling right inside of her room.

Camila turns around when they reach the middle of the bedroom, and with gentle eyes, she brushes a strand of hair out of Lauren's face to look at her green —and suddenly anxious— eyes. "If you're not sure..."

"I am," Lauren interrupts, taking Camila's other hand to intertwine their fingers together. "Please tell me you want this as much as I do," the green-eyed croaks out, taking a single step forward until she can rest her forehead against Camila's.

"I do," Camila replies, hot breath caressing Lauren's lips as she speaks. She raises her gaze and Lauren sees a hint of a smile tugging at her girlfriend's lips that make her instantly smile in return.

The orange glow of the street light coming through one of the windows is giving Camila a celestial look that Lauren didn't think it was possible, especially under these circumstances. Her room is cold and dark and if it weren't for the streetlights outside her windows Lauren wouldn't be able to see Camila at all.

But here Lauren is, feeling like she is one step closer to the girl she is learning to love.

"My heart's beating really fast," Camila confesses shyly, letting go of Lauren's hands to wrap her arms around the black-haired girl's waist. "I don't want to hurt you," she says with a tone that barely reaches Lauren's ears over the sound of the rain.

Lauren's heart swells and stumbles between her ribs with Camila's words. It feels a lot like she is falling again for the girl that is holding her.

"And I don't know what to do," she admits in a bashful giggle, wrapping her own arms around Camila's torso until their chests are pressed against one another. "But I do know that I want you, Camz," she murmurs, and then Lauren feels Camila's lips pressed on the side of her neck twice before she feels an open-mouthed kiss on her skin that seems to ignite fire within her.

"Do you think we'll get interrupted like in movies?" Camila murmurs between open-mouthed kisses, feeling Lauren's arms pressing her hard against her body. "It wouldn't surprise me if Dinah comes barging into the room," Camila laughs lowly as Lauren closes her eyes and gives her more room to kiss.

"Camila, really?" Lauren asks as she rests her hands on Camila's waist; she has the sudden urge to feel Camila as close as possible.

"Yeah, I mean, she would," Camila says, shrugging one shoulder as Lauren begins to caress her skin under her shirt. "And she'd do it on purpose, you know that..."

Lauren rolls her eyes and pulls away, not missing the grunt that leaves Camila's lips once she pulls apart. "You're doing the thing," she informs, kinking up an eyebrow and looking down at her girlfriend.

Camila's cheeks are painted red by the time she looks up at Lauren again. Okay, so Camila knows she has a problem and she knows she can not stop speaking when she is nervous, so what? It is not that bad, is it?

"I'm sorry," the brown-eyed whispers shyly, looking down at her chest. "I just— I'm sorry," she apologizes again, this time looking at Lauren's eyes.