Chapter XIX, Promises.

"No, no, no, no," Keana whispers as she turns to her street, wide eyes looking further to where the house of her relatives is. "I think they left," she informs Lauren, furrowing her brows and quickening her pace when she sees the lights of the house already out.

She takes her phone out of her hand bag and after a couple of seconds she brings the device to her ear as Lauren walks besides her, matching her pace and looking at her with worried eyes.

"Is everything okay?" she asks softly, watching the girl's distressed expression while she comes to a stop before the two story house. Keana brings her phone down and locks the screen as she shakes her head.

"They already left," the petite girl confirms in a sigh, head hanging down and rubbing her eyes tiredly. She puts her phone back in her purse and looks at Lauren hopelessly.

Lauren nibs on her bottom lip and gazes down at Keana's worried face before she comes up with a solution. Actually, there is no other in this case because Lauren can't leave her abandoned tonight, can she?

"Then you're staying with us," Lauren says as if it is the most obvious thing in the world. "Come on," the green-eyed girl smiles, watching Keana sighing in relief.

"Where are we going?" the smaller girl asks once she sees Lauren turning to walk back the same path again.

"We're going back to Kelly's," the bright-eyed girl replies simply, folding her arms over her chest protectively.

She is fully aware of the disapproving glare she is getting from Keana but Lauren doesn't care.

She should not have left Kelly's in the first place, especially right after Camila sang to her.

There is not a doubt in her mind that that song was meant to be for her, and Lauren is pretty sure that every single person in the room knew it too.

The whole way to Keana's house Lauren thought about the song and the way Camila looked at her. She has never seen the brown-eyed girl looking more broken in her life, and Lauren has been second guessing her decision of not talking to her the whole night.

She just knows that it was a bad decision.

Lauren herself told Camila that they should be friends so that is what she is going to do from now on. Even though she has not tried anything again and she has pretty much let Camila live her life how she wants to, Lauren is going back to Kelly's to see what is wrong with her and now she doesn't care if she has to listen to her talking about Emily. That is what friends are for and Lauren's got Camila's back, whether she likes it or not.

So Lauren calls Tori again to let her know that they are coming back, and when the doors of Kelly's are being opened for the second time that night for her and Keana, she doesn't find the curly-haired girl behind them. Instead, Lauren finds Vanessa looking at her in a way that she has never been looked at before by the British girl.

"Welcome back, can we have a word?" the hazel-eyed girl asks with sarcasm laced in her voice. She has a scowl adorning her features and is looking at Lauren coldly, clenching her jaw and clearly not in the mood to waste time.

Lauren doesn't say anything but the look on Vanessa's face is enough for Keana to leave them alone. The cropper brown-haired grabs Lauren's arm and leads her to a more secluded table, making her seat right in front of her while her brother's band is still playing, giving them the chance to talk as they please and knowing that they won't be heard by unwanted ears.

Lauren looks around and is just easy for her to find Camila. She is sitting in one of the bar stools right in front of Tori's brother, and they are talking about something that Lauren obviously can't hear. But she instantly gets worried when Noah takes Camila's glass from her hand and puts it away when the brown-eyed girl seems to reach for it again.