Chapter XXXII, Helping Out a Friend.

a/n: i will shamelessly promote myself and tell you that i just posted a new camren one shot called "Don't spin the bottle"(: it's quite different and special for me, so i hope you like it(:

•••

Lauren wakes up with music in her ears. Like, literally.

She opens her eyes, rubs them sleepily for a few seconds, throws the covers of her bed to the side and gets up mid-yawn to see where this melody is coming from.

She is making her way towards the living room, passing by the bathroom where the shower is running and finds her girlfriend watching attentively the way Vanessa changes the chords on the guitar of the song she is playing.

"The script was written and I could not change a thing. I want to rip it all to shreds and start again," the English girl sings as Lauren leans against a wall to watch them with sleep in her eyes. "One day I'll come into your world and get it right, I'll say we're better off together here tonight..."

Camila raises her gaze, notices Lauren and blows her a kiss from her place on the couch. Lauren smiles and winks at her in return.

"I want you here with me like how I pictured it, so I don't have to keep imagining," Vanessa keeps singing, unaware of Lauren's presence. "Come on jump out at me, come on bring everything. Is it too much to ask for something great?"

"Okay, okay, stop, that's it?" Camila asks, grabbing her own guitar and leaving the sheet where the song is written on her lap.

"What do you mean 'that's it'?" the British asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"I meant like, no bridge or anything?"

Vanessa sighs rolling her eyes. "If you wouldn't have stopped me you would know by now," the hazel-eyed girl reprimands shaking her head at Camila.

Camila blushes slightly and Lauren grins at how cute and adorable she look. It only gets worse when Camila notices Lauren staring at her.

"Are you going to join me?" Vanessa asks, playing her guitar again. "Did you figure all of the chords out?"

"Yes!"

So they play again and Camila quickly joins Vanessa with her own guitar although she is not singing.

"I want you here with me," Vanessa sings, slowing down the rhythm as Camila quickly follows suit. "Like how I pictured it, so I don't have to keep imagining..." so they pick up the rhythm of the song again and then it is Camila and Vanessa singing together the last part of what Lauren assumes is a song that the English girl wrote.

It is the raspy low tone of Camila's voice and Vanessa's soulful tone that makes a chill run down Lauren's spine.

"You're all I want, so much it's hurting," the hazel-eyed sings, finally noticing Lauren leaning against the wall, "you're all I want and Lauren was watching," she finishes fingerpicking a string as Lauren giggles and Camila rolls her eyes amused.

"So...when did you write this?" Camila asks interestedly, leaving her guitar on the side of the couch. Lauren immediately makes her way towards her and lays down, resting her head on Camila's lap.

"A few weeks ago," Vanessa replies shrugging her shoulders. "I actually finished it last week and the reason of why it doesn't have a proper bridge is because the bridge of the song has to be like, the most inspiring part of it, you know?" the British shares, strumming a sweet melody that is making Lauren close her eyes again. "And since I liked the song but I wasn't inspired enough I decided to just leave it like that," she explains locking eyes with Camila.