Chapter XXXVII, Pretending.

a/n: i reached 1k followers and i wrote a loooooong steamy one-shot to celebrate! it's called Better Slow if you want to read it(:

···

The music is loud, echoes in the big room and makes Lauren's heart thump at the rhythm of the song she is dancing to.

Her body drips with sweat as she moves, her hair sticks to her forehead and neck and Lauren hasn't felt this carefree in a very long time, so she enjoys the moment by herself as much as she can.

She genuinely doesn't care if people are watching, she is just free and she feels like she deserved a moment like this.

When she opens her green eyes again, darkened thanks to the little light that is on the dancefloor, Lauren catches Camila already staring at her, biting down on her bottom lip as she grabs her by the hips and pulls her closer.

"I'm back," the brown-eyed murmurs against Lauren's ear as her hands rest on Lauren's lower back.

"What took you so long?" Lauren asks her, bringing her arms up to Camila's neck. She keeps moving her body and Camila quickly catches up, making their bodies dance in perfect synchronization at the beat of the song.

"Restroom was crowded," Camila replies, brushing Lauren's hair back with one hand while with the other she brings Lauren even closer to her body. "You look hot tonight," she comments, brushing Lauren's lips with her own.

Lauren smiles seductively, presses her body against Camila's, taking the girl's mouth into her own as soon as she feels the brown-eyed girl's breath dancing across her lips.

It's probably around four in the morning and Lauren is growing tired, that is why when she kisses Camila she reciprocates the touch sloppily, barely meeting Camila's tongue when she parts her lips.

"Do you want to go home?" Camila asks her once she pulls away, smiling up at Lauren when she giver her a guilty smile.

"Tired," Lauren mutters against her lips, knowing that Camila can barely hear her over the music playing at the club.

"Let's find the girls then," Camila decides, taking Lauren's hand and intertwining their fingers before she starts to make her way over to the bar, where she last saw Normani.

It takes them awhile to find Normani again, but as soon as Lauren's green eyes land on her friend, she furrows her eyebrows in confusion when she sees her with a stranger. It wouldn't be a big deal, actually, but Normani seems uncomfortable and the person trying to flirt with her is clearly not noticing her behavior.

"Where's Vanessa?" Lauren shouts to Camila, tugging at her hand to make her look at her again.

Camila shrugs her shoulders but her face seems just as confused as Lauren's expression is. "Last time I saw her she was in the restroom but she should've been back by now," Camila yells back, cupping her mouth with one hand for Lauren to hear her.

"That girl is bothering Mani, though, right?"

"Seems like it, come on," Camila says, making her way towards where Normani is, desperately looking for a familiar face as she sits on one of the barstools.

But as Camila and Lauren are reaching her, Vanessa beats them to it and wraps an arm around Normani's shoulders, pulling her closer and making Normani let out a sigh of relief after she sees her face.

"Hey, love, I couldn't find you," Lauren hears the British girl say as they get closer to them. "What's going on here?" she asks, though her voice is not as sweet as it was before and there is a clear intention in her tone.