Chapter XII, Confessions.

There are about a thousand thoughts racing through Lauren's head after those words leave her mouth.

She doesn't really have time to prepare herself and as Camila starts to close the gap between them, she thinks about how much her life has changed since she met her. Then one of Camila's hands travel from her face to the side of her neck, and Lauren thinks about how much time she has wished for this exact moment to happen. As their noses brush lightly against each other's, Lauren wonders if this is just as meaningful for Camila as it is for her and as she feels Camila's breath tickling her lips, Lauren thinks about the many things Camila can make her feel in a matter of seconds and without even trying.

And then Lauren's mind goes faster than a million miles an hour right before Camila kisses her, and when that single little touch happens, she sends all of Lauren's senses into overdrive.

All the people surrounding them disappear as soon as Camila's lips are softly pressed against her own. Lauren closes her eyes unconsciously; she feels the music coming from the speakers matching her heartbeat and she feels Camila's sweet scent invading her like it is a blanket that is hiding them from the real world.

Her arms are already wrapped around Camila's waist and that is still not enough, so she pulls her in, tightens her hold on her and lets her body speak for itself.

The green-eyed girl tilts her head to the side, noses brushing slightly as she takes Camila's bottom lip between her teeth. Lauren swears she hears a gasp escape Camila's mouth as soon as her tongue makes contact with her lip. One of her hands travel to Camila's head, and she softly buries her fingers in Camila's silky hair, pulling her in again to bring her even closer.

Her heart is racing in her ribcage, creating a beat that is unique and only for them to hear. It is like her heart wants to escape from her body to finally be with Camila's. She feels a rushing sound pounding in her ears, drowning every other noise in the room. She feels Camila's soft lips moving in sync with her own, tongues shyly brushing against each other's like they are trying to memorize the way they feel. Lauren wants to keep this moment and make it last forever.

She tilts her head again and with that, she bites softly Camila's bottom lip again, making her shiver between her arms.

And then Lauren smiles.

Apparently, Camila feels her smiling against her mouth because she smiles too and they end up bumping teeth in the middle of the kiss. Lauren uses this moment to take a breath, and a second later she kisses Camila again and sighs when Camila returns the kiss instantly.

She doesn't know how much time has passed, but eventually they pull apart. Lauren leaves a small kiss against Camila's lips before she kisses the tip of her nose and her forehead in a sweet gesture that says everything she can't right now. They are still pretty close, so when Lauren opens her eyes and looks down at Camila again, she finds her grinning foolishly at her.

Her heart melts right then and there at the sight.

"So..." the green-eyed girl trails off, voice low and smoky as she brushes a strand of hair away from Camila's face. She is so close to her that she notices the small mole she has on her forehead and how long and curly her eyelashes are.

"So," Camila repeats sighing, pulling back a little to take a better look at Lauren's green and bright eyes. "Strawberries taste like lips do," she sings softly, standing in her tiptoes to brush her lips against Lauren's again.

Lauren takes a shaky breath and lets out a sweet chuckle before she bites her bottom lip and looks at Camila's brown and gently eyes. "My heart is beating really fast," she confesses, looking down shyly.