7: An End To Procrastination

Stretching his limbs tiredly, Frank decided it was finally time to get out of bed; his vacation was almost over after all, and he wasn't going to be able to sleep in as late as he wanted for much longer. He still had two more days though, and after the disaster last night has turned into, Frank wanted to spend every second he had left with Gerard.

But when Frank reached across the bed lazily, hoping to feel his husband's warm body beside him, he was disappointed to find only air. Gerard's side was still slightly warm, which meant he must have just gotten up, and maybe he would be coming back soon. Frank hoped that was the case, because he was having a hard time convincing his limbs to function enough to pull him out of the sheets that were tangled around his legs.

Rolling over with a groan, Frank blinked a few times, trying to clear the sleep from his eyes just a bit, and that was when he noticed the television in their room was switched on, which was sort of an anomaly. Frank used to need the soft chatter of some show on in the background to fall asleep too, but after living with Gerard for a few months, Frank had gotten used to keeping it off, because Frank's habit had the opposite effect on Gerard, and when Frank found out he was disrupting his husband, he figured out how to doze off without it.

Gerard must have turned it on before he left the room to do whatever he was doing - probably painting, or grabbing some food, or anything in between, and Frank had to suppress a chuckle when he saw it was set to the local news again; Gerard loved his fucking news.

The grin slipped off Frank's face when he saw what the reporter was talking about, which was the earthquake from last night, and even though Frank had witnessed it firsthand, seeing it on the screen made the whole event replay in Frank's mind, and Frank found himself afraid - much more than he had been last night when it had actually been happening.

As the reporter rattled off the current casualty count, Frank cringed slightly, because Gerard had almost been one of those numbers, and if it hadn't been for whoever had saved him, Frank could have lost his husband, but that hadn't happened - thank fuck. It still could though...if these disasters kept happening, they might be put in danger again, and Frank didn't know how to protect Gerard from something like this.

Frank had been so scared when he had seen Gerard fall - terrified actually; he had never felt so helpless as he had in that moment, and he didn't want to experience those sensations again, but what was he supposed to do - he couldn't predict natural disasters after all. Still - Frank wanted to try, especially if it meant keeping Gerard safe.

Speaking of Gerard, he happened to walk back into their bedroom right then, holding a cup of what Frank really hoped was coffee, and sure enough - it was, as if Gerard had sensed Frank was awake, and he knew that he needed some extra motivation to force him out of his comatose state.

In all honesty, Frank didn't even need caffeine to convince his stubborn body to move, all it took was the sight of his husband with sleep tousled hair and a lazy grin on his face to have Frank jumping out of bed, crossing the short distance between them as quickly as he could, because Frank needed the reassurance that his husband was still here with him more than anything right now.

"Hey baby," Gerard chuckled as Frank pulled him into a fierce embrace, mindful of the mug so that he didn't cause Gerard to spill any of the liquid on the carpet, even though that wouldn't be the first time that had happened.

"I missed you," Frank mumbled against Gerard's shirt, and even though he felt sort of silly saying that - he had only woken up two minutes ago after all, seeing the news report had brought out Frank's clingy side, and he was already pretty damn clingy to begin with.

"Sorry - my mom called to make sure we got through the earthquake okay and I didn't want to disturb you."

"They are safe - right?" Frank cut in. In all the excitement of last night, Frank hadn't even thought about the fact that Gerard's relatives lived here too, and he felt guilty for not inquiring after their well-being earlier.