19: In Which Hugging Saves The Day

Brendon woke Frank at the crack of dawn, his high pitched shriek snapping Frank out of his pleasant dreams abruptly, confusion fogging his mind as he tried to ascertain what the fuck was going on, only to realize that he was still very naked, which explained Brendon's startled exclamation.

"Fuck off Brendon," Frank grumbled irritably, halfheartedly covering himself with the discarded blanket before snuggling back into Gerard's side. Gerard hadn't been disturbed at all by the noise Brendon was producing, and the fact that his husband still slept like the dead brought a small smile to Frank's face, inducing a sense of normalcy that had been severely lacking in Frank's life lately.

"God Frank - are you allergic to clothes or some shit?" Brendon asked, his tone an equal mixture of amusement and disgust as he made his way further into the small room now that Frank was in a better state of modesty.

"I'm not the one who decided to barge into someone else's private quarters without any warning," Frank shot back, dragging the pillow over his head in a pointless attempt at blocking out Brendon's presence entirely.

"Actually, I've been knocking for the past minute or so," Brendon sniffed in an affronted manner. "Haven't your bodies adjusted to not needing sleep yet?"

"Guess not," Frank shrugged, because although he knew that he would be able to function if he pushed through his tiredness, he still craved rest like a human. Frank had no idea how much time it would take his angelic essence to acclimate back to what it used to be, and given the fact that he was going to leave Heaven soon, it would probably be longer than he had originally thought.

"Well I'm not leaving until you get up, we are departing in an hour, and I don't think this expedition will work if the two people who have to go are lazing around in bed," Brendon huffed, ignoring the middle finger Frank flung in his direction in the way of a response. "I'm not kidding Frank," Brendon groaned.

"Give me five more minutes, we will meet you guys in the main foyer," Frank grumbled, not wanting to get up quite yet, even though he knew he needed to.

"Fine, but if you are late, I'm coming back here and dragging you out of bed, naked or not."

"Your lack of faith in me is disturbing," Frank chuckled softly, stroking his hands absentmindedly down Gerard's bare sides as he spoke.

"Well prove me wrong then," Brendon retorted, but before Frank could think of a witty reply, Brendon had turned his back and was exiting the room, muttering under his breath about how he had seen more cock today than he was planning on, causing Frank's cheeks to blush slightly in embarrassment now that he was coherent enough to realize that Brendon had indeed gotten a glimpse of certain areas of his body that he wasn't too keen on exposing to anyone that wasn't Gerard.

Wanting to distract himself from the fact that Brendon had viewed his dick, not to mention he would probably fall back asleep soon if he didn't move, Frank decided to begin the arduous task that was awakening his stubborn husband, knowing that if he didn't start now, they would be dealing with more of Brendon very soon, and Frank wasn't really in the mood to put up with him any more than he already had.

"Gee...baby, it's time to wake up," Frank cooed, nuzzling Gerard's neck slightly in the hopes of gently bringing him back to consciousness, but of course, Gerard didn't stir at all. "Come on love." Frank raised the volume of his voice a bit, threading his fingers through Gerard's tangled hair while shifting his position so he was now situated fully on Gerard's lap.

"Mhmm..." Gerard groaned, his eyelids fluttering slightly and his hands clenching into fists at his side. "Go 'way."

"Not this time, we've got to go save the world remember," Frank grinned, tickling Gerard's ribs lightly in the process, producing an indignant squeak from the other man.