Chapter sixteen

Hey guys. So I know I updated really late. I was gonna update last week but my wifi just stopped working and the next day we left to go on vacation and I couldn’t find my laptop charger…so sorry guys….

Anyhoo…..Chapter 16 dudes and dudettes.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nearing 8:00 and Mark and I were in the middle of our third movie when he spoke up.

“Is Zac okay with us doing this?” he asked.

“Ummm….well…..” I replied hesitantly.

“Jessica?”

“No, but-”

“Jessica! You could have at least told him. He specifically told us to stay from each other. I am not saying I agree with him but he was dead serious, not to mention mad as hell when he said it. You could at least-” Mark argued when I cut him off.

“Listen, I know what Zac said but your my best friend and he can’t keep us apart. He may be my mate but he’s not my father.” I argued back.

Just as I finished, there was a loud bang. As if he had heard his name, Zac, of all people, came barging into the room, angry as a bull.

“I told you to stay away from her!” Zac growled.

Zac’s eyes were black as night, indicating that his wolf was out and an angry Alpha wolf was not a good thing. He began slowly advancing towards Mark but before he could reach him, I stood in front of him and stopped him by pushing against his chest.

“Zac, stop! I know your my mate but Mark is my best friend and you can’t keep us apart” I said, still trying to hold him back.

With a loud growl, I was in Zac’s arms and in his car in a blink of an eye. Before I could register what was happening, we were already racing down the driveway and onto the street. I looked back to see Mark running out of the house and staring after us. I mouthed ‘ I’m sorry’ to him but then realized that the vehicle was darkly tinted and even with his werewolf vision, he wouldn’t be able to see.

“Zac what are you doing? Where are you taking me?” I asked as I looked over at him. Zac’s fists were clenched on the staring wheel and his still black eyes were focused intently on the road in front of him.

Thank God the street was empty as he was speeding so fast I could barely make out a thing outside the window.

“My house. We’re gonna talk and I want us to be alone.” He replied.

“Won’t the rest of the pack be at the packhouse”

“Not the packhouse. I have another house, just for me but I don’t live in it….yet. It’s just about a half of a mile into the forest behind the packhouse.”

“Oh” I said, not pressing further as he was still slightly pissed.

He had his own house? And we were going there? Alone? The thought terrified and excited me all at the same time.

A few minutes later, we pulled up to a beautiful house. It would be considered a mansion but it wasn’t as big as the packhouse.

“Stay here.” Zac said as we pulled up in front of the house and he got out of the car. At first I was curious but then I smiled as I realized what he was doing. He opened my door and held out his hand for me.

I smiled up at him as I took is hand and climbed out of the vehicle. I let go of his hand, only to wrap my arms around him and bury my head in his chest. He returned the hug, wrapping his arms around my waist, lifting me slightly and nuzzling my neck.

“I’m sorry. I really am but please let Mark and I remain friends.” I said looking up at him with the saddest face I could muster. I knew that in the long run, I would choose Zac over Mark but it wouldn’t hurt to have both of them in my life.

“I forgive you but I didn’t like that you went behind my back. I’ll let you and Mark be friends but just tell me whenever you guys are hanging out okay?” he replied.

I squealed and pulled him in a hug again, this time pecking his lips.

“Thank you.” I said smiling widely

He returned the smile then grabbed my hand.

“Come on.” He said.

We entered the house and it was beautiful. I looked around in amazement.

Zac wrapped his arms around me from behind and rest his chin on my shoulder.

“When I first shifted, my dad gave me this as a gift and said that one day I could live here with my mate and kids. Not now of course but eventually, only if you want to.” Zac murmured, his warm breath making me shiver and him smile.

“I would like that. That would be amazing. I always liked the idea of living in the packhouse as one big family but having our own place might be nice. Thank you.” I said turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck. He, in return wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his lips to mine.

I responded immediately and he began kissing me hungrily. He pulled me closer until we were molded together and I soon found myself pressed against the wall. He pressed his lips harder on mine and I tangled my hands in his hair. I tried dominating the kiss but he only growled and pulled me closer while taking back dominance.

Zac lifted me up by my butt and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I pulled back breathless but Zac kept peppering kisses down my neck. He began sucking on my weak spot and I let out a moan.

I felt him smirk against my neck before I felt his teeth scrape against it as a warning.

He was going to mark me and I was going to let him.

All of a sudden, as his teeth was about to sink into my neck, the unbelievable happened.

His phone began to ring.

I pulled back and he growled as he pulled his phone out of his pocket in one swift motion while holding me up with one hand. He was about to throw the phone across the room but I quickly snatched it out of his hand and answered it. It was only then that I realized how dark Zac’s eyes had gotten.

He let out a low growl but didn’t take back the phone. Instead he continued kissing my neck.

“Hello?” I said.

“Jessica? It’s Daniel…umm…is Zac there?” he said sounding worried, scared and angry at the same time.

“Yea..but he’s kinda….busy right now.” I replied and I bit my lip right after, to stop the moan that was threatening to come out.

“Well, you two need to get to the packhouse now. It’s an emergency.” He said, a little more urgency in his voice.

That made Zac stop what he was doing and look up, curiosity and confusion evident in his eyes.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“You might want to see for yourself. How far are you guys?”

“Not far. We’ll see you in a bit.” I replied hanging up and immediately dropping my feet to the floor.

I grabbed Zac’s hand.

“Come on. Let’s go see what’s wrong.” I said pulling him along.

“Wait!” he said pulling me back towards him and before I could protest his lips was at my ear.

“We’ll continue this later.” He whispered into my ear, his voice husky.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this guys. Thanks for reading..until next time..

Ali <3